How do I take out programs from the taskbar next to the cl..

I want to remove programs from the taskbar next to the clock on my computor. How do I do this??? Please explain in easy terms as I am not that computor savvy!!!!!
thanx
renjen76

1) Right-click on the icon of the program you want to
remove (in the SYSTRAY, next to the clock).
2) See if there is an option in one of the menu items to
prevent the program from starting automatically. Look
around !
If that doesn't work . . .
3) Go to Start, Run, type MSCONFIG and hit OK.
4) Go to the Startup tab and uncheck the item you think is
the unwanted program (Warning: Do some research, be sure
of what you're doing here ! If you're uncertain hit the
CANCEL button) Hit the Apply button, then OK. Windows
will prompt you to restart. Do so.

If none of this helps, post back.

Good Luck !

THANK-YOU VERY MUCH THAT WORKED. FINALLY I COULD UNDERSTAND WHAT SOMEONE TELLS ME.
THANK-YOU
renjen76

renjen76 said in
> THANK-YOU VERY MUCH THAT WORKED. FINALLY I COULD UNDERSTAND WHAT
> SOMEONE TELLS ME. THANK-YOU
> renjen76

Killing the program using msconfig.exe (so it doesn't load) means you
don't get the functionality of that program. Some you don't need, like
QuickTime's 'qttask' or a program that the developer thought was crucial
but you don't. Say you remove the program used to start your anti-virus
program just because you don't want its tray icon. That means your
anti-virus program won't load, so why did you bother to install it?

Check the options within the program that is presenting the tray icon.
Often the program itself will have the option to NOT display its tray
icon.

Under Windows XP, you can also hide tray icons. They are still there
but not in your face all the time. You have to click the chevron to
expand the tray icon area to see the hidden icons. Right-click on the
taskbar and customize to select which you want hidden all the time,
which are hidden when inactive, and which are shown all the time.

And please stop yelling at us.

*** Email: domain = ".com" and append "=NEWS=" to Subject.

percival

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2002

Please turn off the <caps lock> - it's regarded as shouting when posting to
NG and not many appreciate that!

I'm pleased that you managed to resolve your problem.

"renjen76" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> THANK-YOU VERY MUCH THAT WORKED. FINALLY I COULD UNDERSTAND WHAT SOMEONE
TELLS ME.
> THANK-YOU
> renjen76

You use the program options and disable it. But then, the program may not
work the way you would expect it to.

--
Regards:

Richard Urban