ATTENTION: MGGP

> TRUE ! Defragging a floppy disk is
> unnecessary and useless.

To you; perhaps. I however have made the DECISION to do so.

If you do NOT know the answer to my specific question: please refrain from
making decisions FOR ME.

Perhaps you failed to read the entire context of my ninety (90) word(mol)
message or you lack reading comprehension in the english language?

---
More about attention mggp

    Johann Bäcker wrote:

    >> TRUE ! Defragging a floppy disk is
    >> unnecessary and useless.
    >

    > To you; perhaps. I however have made the DECISION to do so.
    >
    > If you do NOT know the answer to my specific question: please refrain from
    > making decisions FOR ME.
    >
    > Perhaps you failed to read the entire context of my ninety (90) word(mol)
    > message or you lack reading comprehension in the english language?

    Be our guest. Windows XP does not have a defragger for
    the floppy disk drive because Executive Software did not
    program its utility to do so. (That's right, Microsoft
    licenses most of its built-in apps.) For this same reason,
    there were no flopper defraggers for Windows NT and 2000.

    OTOH, the defraggers for the Windows 3.X line (including
    95, 98 and ME) were originally programmed for MS-DOS by
    Central Point as defrag.exe. Central Point was bought by
    Norton, and then Symantec. This is the reason why these
    Windows versions can defrag floppy diskettes.

    Why on earth are you using diskettes?.. buy a CDRW device and give us all a
    break..

    "Johann Bäcker" <j_backer@REMOVEprodigy.net> wrote in message
    > > TRUE ! Defragging a floppy disk is
    > > unnecessary and useless.
    >
    > To you; perhaps. I however have made the DECISION to do so.
    >
    > If you do NOT know the answer to my specific question: please refrain from
    > making decisions FOR ME.
    >
    > Perhaps you failed to read the entire context of my ninety (90) word(mol)
    > message or you lack reading comprehension in the english language?
    >

    > ---

    Whether a floppy is defragged, or not, will not make the floppy access
    information any faster. The beast is just slow! Put just one 1 meg file on
    it and it will STILL be slow!

    You are chasing windmills, but have fun!

    --
    Regards:

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    "Johann Bäcker" <j_backer@REMOVEprodigy.net> wrote in message
    > > TRUE ! Defragging a floppy disk is
    > > unnecessary and useless.
    >
    > To you; perhaps. I however have made the DECISION to do so.
    >
    > If you do NOT know the answer to my specific question: please refrain from
    > making decisions FOR ME.
    >
    > Perhaps you failed to read the entire context of my ninety (90) word(mol)
    > message or you lack reading comprehension in the english language?
    >

    > ---

    DAMN!!! And I thought the MCSE Cert newsgroup was the
    entertaining one. Guess I've found the porn version
    right nere in XP/New Users.

Virus Microsoft Windows XP