ATTENTION: MGGP

May 24, 2004 5:16:32 AM

> TRUE ! Defragging a floppy disk is
> unnecessary and useless.

To you; perhaps. I however have made the DECISION to do so.

If you do NOT know the answer to my specific question: please refrain from
making decisions FOR ME.

Perhaps you failed to read the entire context of my ninety (90) word(mol)
message or you lack reading comprehension in the english language?

---

More about : attention mggp

Anonymous
May 24, 2004 5:16:33 AM

Johann Bäcker wrote:

>> TRUE ! Defragging a floppy disk is
>> unnecessary and useless.
>

> To you; perhaps. I however have made the DECISION to do so.
>
> If you do NOT know the answer to my specific question: please refrain from
> making decisions FOR ME.
>
> Perhaps you failed to read the entire context of my ninety (90) word(mol)
> message or you lack reading comprehension in the english language?

Be our guest. Windows XP does not have a defragger for
the floppy disk drive because Executive Software did not
program its utility to do so. (That's right, Microsoft
licenses most of its built-in apps.) For this same reason,
there were no flopper defraggers for Windows NT and 2000.

OTOH, the defraggers for the Windows 3.X line (including
95, 98 and ME) were originally programmed for MS-DOS by
Central Point as defrag.exe. Central Point was bought by
Norton, and then Symantec. This is the reason why these
Windows versions can defrag floppy diskettes.
May 24, 2004 1:06:37 PM

Why on earth are you using diskettes?.. buy a CDRW device and give us all a
break..

"Johann Bäcker" <j_backer@REMOVEprodigy.net> wrote in message
news:o A0DtaVQEHA.3748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > TRUE ! Defragging a floppy disk is
> > unnecessary and useless.
>
> To you; perhaps. I however have made the DECISION to do so.
>
> If you do NOT know the answer to my specific question: please refrain from
> making decisions FOR ME.
>
> Perhaps you failed to read the entire context of my ninety (90) word(mol)
> message or you lack reading comprehension in the english language?
>

> ---

May 24, 2004 3:42:54 PM

Whether a floppy is defragged, or not, will not make the floppy access
information any faster. The beast is just slow! Put just one 1 meg file on
it and it will STILL be slow!

You are chasing windmills, but have fun!

--
Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

"Johann Bäcker" <j_backer@REMOVEprodigy.net> wrote in message
news:o A0DtaVQEHA.3748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > TRUE ! Defragging a floppy disk is
> > unnecessary and useless.
>
> To you; perhaps. I however have made the DECISION to do so.
>
> If you do NOT know the answer to my specific question: please refrain from
> making decisions FOR ME.
>
> Perhaps you failed to read the entire context of my ninety (90) word(mol)
> message or you lack reading comprehension in the english language?
>

> ---

May 24, 2004 4:39:03 PM

DAMN!!! And I thought the MCSE Cert newsgroup was the
entertaining one. Guess I've found the porn version
right nere in XP/New Users.

!