Sign in with
Your question
Solved

FLASHED bios on windows 8 hard drive, now it wont boot

Last response: in Windows 8
October 6, 2012 9:47:27 PM

I tried flashing my bios through the @bios update utility. went to do the restart and when it ran, there was no dvi signal at first. SOLVED that part by switching the ram in the other parts and it then let me go to bios at least.

When i got there, it showed my booting priorities.
I tried booting the velociraptor hard drive (the one with windows 8 that I flashed the bios on) and while it was loading, it said there was a problem and restarted.
When I boot from my old hard drive with windows 7, it works perfectly fine. I can access all of the files in the other hard drive.

I know there isnt a bios folder or anything, but is there a way to get the factory bios on the windows 8 hard drive?

what should I do?

thanks for the help!

my rig:
gtx 295
windows 8 64 bit
hyperx 8 gb ram
i7-2600k
gigabyte z68 motherboard
750 power supply

Best solution

a b \ Driver
a b * Windows 8
October 6, 2012 10:55:50 PM

Disconnect your Windows 7 hard drive, and insert your Windows 8 install media. Boot from the Win8 install media and click next at the first prompt. Then click "Repair your computer" where you normally would have selected Install Now.

Now click Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Automatic Repair. Windows 8 should appear as the only entry in the list when it then asks you to choose a target operating system. The repair operation should begin. Once your system reboots, it should be able to boot up into Windows 8.
October 14, 2012 1:34:11 AM

Best answer selected by nikos30.
m
l
October 14, 2012 1:35:00 AM

Worked but it delete everything other than the windows files which it repaired. Thank god I had my iTunes and music on my other hard drive
m
l
Related resources
!