Any good sites for vertical antenna designs?

I am looking for vertical colinear antenna designs that are a bit out of the
ordinary. Are there any good site?

---

Roger

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

VK3KCG wrote:
> I am looking for vertical colinear antenna designs that are a bit out of the
> ordinary. Are there any good site?

Hi Geoff, there's lots of places on the net to research antenna design.
Have you tried Google? Found any investors yet?

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 11:16:07 +1000, "VK3KCG" <VK3KCG@nospamamsat.org>
wrote:

>I am looking for vertical colinear antenna designs that are a bit out of the
>ordinary. Are there any good site?

I'll assume 2.4GHz. Sorry, there's no such thing as an "ordinary"
antenna.

Start with a good antenna modeling program. If you plan to make
changes to existing designs, you'll need to model the changes. I
suggest 4NEC2 version 5.39 which is free and can be best downloaded
from:
http://www.funet.fi/pub/ham/antenna/NEC/4nec2v539.zip
http://www.funet.fi/pub/ham/antenna/NEC/4nec2X539.zip
Install both. Read the readme and walk through the instructions. If
you have a basic understanding of how antennas work, you should have
few problems.

List of other NEC design and modeling software:
http://www.qsl.net/wb6tpu/swindex.html

Some 4nec2 results for a 1lb (100mm x 185mm) coffee can antenna:
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com/pics/antennas/coffee2400/
This is the design from Trevor Marshall's site.

Some do it thyself plans found in my bookmark pile and with Google:
http://www.wlan.org.uk/antenna-page.html
http://www.centurion.com/pdf/wp_omni_wireless.pdf
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com/pics/tecom/index.html
http://www.amsterdamwireless.net/workshop-15-12/3.html