You are using your USB flash drive but u can’t remove it because the safely remove icon has disappeared.
Sometimes Windows accidentally hides this icon all you have to do now:
• Right click on the clock in the notification area
• Click on Customize Notifications
On the next window:
• " Safely Remove Hardware " to scroll the list of columns, and choose Always show
• Go in Control Panel - Add/Remove Hardware
• On your left click on the Add/Remove Windows Components
• Then double click Networking Services in the list
• Uncheck the UPnP User Interface
• Press ok to validate
If you are at this stage, then you have other problems that this famous icon (loss of sound, unable to use other USB Plug and Play, ... etc). In this case, you should check the status of the Plug and Play.
* Right click on My Computer> Manage> Services and Applications> Services
* Search the list the Plug and Play
* Make a double click it.
-If you receive this error message, click OK
-The properties window will appear
- Choose Automatic in the Startup Type.