Bobk

Distinguished
May 5, 2004

Hi Everyone,

I am using a cable connection but also have a dialup in case the cable goes
down. In Win98 you could see the dialup icon under My Documents.

Where is the dialup icon in WinXP Pro?

I just want to have a handy shortcut for emergencies.

Thanks,

Bob

Rifleman

Distinguished
May 1, 2003

"BobK" <rk1@usernomics[no spam].com> wrote in message
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am using a cable connection but also have a dialup in case the cable
goes
> down. In Win98 you could see the dialup icon under My Documents.
>
> Where is the dialup icon in WinXP Pro?
>
> I just want to have a handy shortcut for emergencies.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob

Start-Connect to

Bobk

Distinguished
May 5, 2004

"Rifleman" <me6@privacy.net> wrote in message
> "BobK" <rk1@usernomics[no spam].com> wrote in message
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > I am using a cable connection but also have a dialup in case the cable
> goes
> > down. In Win98 you could see the dialup icon under My Documents.
> >
> > Where is the dialup icon in WinXP Pro?
> >
> > I just want to have a handy shortcut for emergencies.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Bob
> >

> Start-Connect to

Hummmm, I don't have a start/connect to . I am on a LAN which uses my cable
and the dialup is an added but unused feature. I wonder if the LAN setup for
a cable connection has something to do with it.

Any ideas on where to look for it or get it on the start menu?

Thanks,

Bob

You must have put it in My Documents cause Windows 98 didn't.
Start - Connect To
And the band played ....
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/05/14/1084289883713.html
"BobK" <rk1@usernomics[no spam].com> wrote in message news:Linsc.12820$Fo4.180500@typhoon.sonic.net...
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am using a cable connection but also have a dialup in case the cable goes
> down. In Win98 you could see the dialup icon under My Documents.
>
> Where is the dialup icon in WinXP Pro?
>
> I just want to have a handy shortcut for emergencies.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob

Go to Start Menu's Properties and turn it on.

"BobK" <rk1@usernomics[no spam].com> wrote in message news:t1osc.12833$Fo4.180680@typhoon.sonic.net...

> "Rifleman" <me6@privacy.net> wrote in message
> > "BobK" <rk1@usernomics[no spam].com> wrote in message
> > > Hi Everyone,
> > >
> > > I am using a cable connection but also have a dialup in case the cable
> > goes
> > > down. In Win98 you could see the dialup icon under My Documents.
> > >
> > > Where is the dialup icon in WinXP Pro?
> > >
> > > I just want to have a handy shortcut for emergencies.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Bob
> > >

> > Start-Connect to
> >

> Hummmm, I don't have a start/connect to . I am on a LAN which uses my cable
> and the dialup is an added but unused feature. I wonder if the LAN setup for
> a cable connection has something to do with it.
>
> Any ideas on where to look for it or get it on the start menu?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob

Bobk

Distinguished