Norton Internet Security

I purchased Norton Internet Security 2004. It says to
disable my Windows XP firewall. Is this what I want or
should I have purchased a different Anti Virus? Is one
firewall better than another?
Thank you

Translation:
Disable Windows XP firewall before installing Norton
Internet Security. You can enable it after installation is
complete.
If you are on broadband, disconnect before disabling any
firewall.
NIS is compatible with XP, therefore you can have both
firewalls enabled. I run both with no problems.
I have used Norton's AV for years and never had a virus,
but there are many AV programs out there, some are free,
and most all work well.
Also be sure to keep up to date with MS critical updates
from windowsupdate.
Hope this helps,
John

I am a newbie, so please excuse.
I have read that I should not use two firewalls at the same time because they will interfer with or compete with each other. ( Can't remember the exact reason)
What do you suggest? Thank you!

----- Johnny_1 wrote: -----

> [...]

I use NIS and have disabled the Windows XP firewall and
rely upon NIS Firewall.
Have no problems.

I would reccomnd just using nis firewall. Running 2 may
cause conflicts that actually let things pass. NIS
firewall is more complete then the windows as it monitors
in and outgoing traffic.

I have Windows XP Home Edition and Norton Antivirus 2004 and use the firewall on the XP and all the default settings on Antivirus and it stops the sasser whatevers worms and QUARANTINES them much to my delight .What I am trying to say is XP and Norton Antivirus work very well for me and are very compatible when downloading too because I leave the firewall on and the antivirus running like I am suppose to . THANKYOU