good popup blocker software??

Does anyone have suggestions for software that blocks popups and or
spyware. The popups are getting so bad it makes you not want to use
the pc any longer. I also tried a popup blocker free for 15 days and
then when the time was up I believe that is what started giving me a
weird popup error msg modf auclice(probably spelled that one wrong)
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
--
PetuniaBlossom

"PetuniaBlossom" <PetuniaBlossom.16roma@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone have suggestions for software that blocks popups and or
> spyware. The popups are getting so bad it makes you not want to use
> the pc any longer. I also tried a popup blocker free for 15 days and
> then when the time was up I believe that is what started giving me a
> weird popup error msg modf auclice(probably spelled that one wrong)
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> --
> PetuniaBlossom

The Google toolbar includes a popup blocker, it's pretty unobtrusive, and
it's free. There are two versions of the toolbar; choose the one that
doesn't send info back to Google; you'll see the options when you install.

As far as spyware blockers, the newest version of Spybot Search and Destroy
allegedly will block some, but I'm betting that if you go to enough sites
and click enough things, they'll get in anyway. Best bet is to run BOTH
Spybot Search & Destroy and Ad-Aware on a regular basis to get rid of
spyware as it begins to accumulate.

Hello
Popups are a result of cookies and spyware attached to your computer and a
frequent cleaning will eliminate 95% of the popups and a popup blocker will
not be needed for they will also stop some webpages from opening. There are
several Ad-Aware & Spyware removers that are good and can be downloaded
free. Download, Update & Run
or
http://www.safer-networking.org/

http://www.wilders.org/index.htm
--
Hope This Helps
Haus
"PetuniaBlossom" <PetuniaBlossom.16roma@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone have suggestions for software that blocks popups and or
> spyware. The popups are getting so bad it makes you not want to use
> the pc any longer. I also tried a popup blocker free for 15 days and
> then when the time was up I believe that is what started giving me a
> weird popup error msg modf auclice(probably spelled that one wrong)
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> --
> PetuniaBlossom

Petunia.....I run Adaware and Panicware pop up blocker,along with Pccillin .Have virtuily no pop ups at all, and i'm constyantly on line .

http://www.intermute.com/
"PetuniaBlossom" <PetuniaBlossom.16roma@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone have suggestions for software that blocks popups and or
> spyware. The popups are getting so bad it makes you not want to use
> the pc any longer. I also tried a popup blocker free for 15 days and
> then when the time was up I believe that is what started giving me a
> weird popup error msg modf auclice(probably spelled that one wrong)
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> --
> PetuniaBlossom

I use Hitware Popup Blocker Lite available free fron www.rightutilities.com.
It's great.
Also use SpywareBlaster from javacool. It stops spyware from getting on your system in the firstplace.
I use both and have no problems using them.

----- PetuniaBlossom wrote: -----

Does anyone have suggestions for software that blocks popups and or
spyware. The popups are getting so bad it makes you not want to use
the pc any longer. I also tried a popup blocker free for 15 days and
then when the time was up I believe that is what started giving me a
weird popup error msg modf auclice(probably spelled that one wrong)
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
--
PetuniaBlossom

Thanks for the replies. I did download the google bar right after I
sent the question and it worked (ok) for a little while(still got a few
pop ups now and then) but I wake up today to find my google toolbar is
gone and there is another toolbar there in its place. I am getting so
frustrated. I also did alot of cleaning on my system to no avail. I
downloaded spy sweeper and am running it again as I type. I cleaned
out cookies I went through the registry and cleaned some there(hate to
do too much cause you never know) I have this one file I am curious
about in my startup under msconfig called pile upload poke, doesn't
sound familair to me. I also have been having a problem with a popup
(error) that sayes actulice modf. I have seen some mention of it on
the internet, have tried many ways to get rid of it but it continues to
stay. I think it is strange it started happening after I loaded a free
trial of stopzilla on my machine and it started happening around the
time the free trial ended. I have gone through everything though to
remove all traces of the stopzilla and it still pops up. Anyone have
any ideas on that I would appreciate it too. Thanks in advance for all
your help.
--
PetuniaBlossom

"PetuniaBlossom" <PetuniaBlossom.16v5mb@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
> Thanks for the replies. I did download the google bar right after I
> sent the question and it worked (ok) for a little while(still got a few
> pop ups now and then) but I wake up today to find my google toolbar is
> gone and there is another toolbar there in its place. I am getting so
> frustrated. I also did alot of cleaning on my system to no avail. I
> downloaded spy sweeper and am running it again as I type. I cleaned
> out cookies I went through the registry and cleaned some there(hate to
> do too much cause you never know) I have this one file I am curious
> about in my startup under msconfig called pile upload poke, doesn't
> sound familair to me. I also have been having a problem with a popup
> (error) that sayes actulice modf. I have seen some mention of it on
> the internet, have tried many ways to get rid of it but it continues to
> stay. I think it is strange it started happening after I loaded a free
> trial of stopzilla on my machine and it started happening around the
> time the free trial ended. I have gone through everything though to
> remove all traces of the stopzilla and it still pops up. Anyone have
> any ideas on that I would appreciate it too. Thanks in advance for all
> your help.
> --
> PetuniaBlossom

Have you downloaded, installed, and run Ad-Aware and Spybot Search &
Destroy?

I have had pretty good luck with Spybot but mileage can vary. As for popups
in general I have been using the Super Ad Blocker
(http://www.superadblocker.com) lately after using the Google toolbar
(http://toolbar.google.com) and also the Panicware and PopupCop and I think
the SuperAd Blocker works great for me, have not had a popup window except
for my legit bank login popup (which is great) since installing it. I have
a friend who swears by Ad-Adaware
(http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware) for his spyware adware
scanning.

T.J.

"PetuniaBlossom" <PetuniaBlossom.16v5mb@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
> Thanks for the replies. I did download the google bar right after I
> sent the question and it worked (ok) for a little while(still got a few
> pop ups now and then) but I wake up today to find my google toolbar is
> gone and there is another toolbar there in its place. I am getting so
> frustrated. I also did alot of cleaning on my system to no avail. I
> downloaded spy sweeper and am running it again as I type. I cleaned
> out cookies I went through the registry and cleaned some there(hate to
> do too much cause you never know) I have this one file I am curious
> about in my startup under msconfig called pile upload poke, doesn't
> sound familair to me. I also have been having a problem with a popup
> (error) that sayes actulice modf. I have seen some mention of it on
> the internet, have tried many ways to get rid of it but it continues to
> stay. I think it is strange it started happening after I loaded a free
> trial of stopzilla on my machine and it started happening around the
> time the free trial ended. I have gone through everything though to
> remove all traces of the stopzilla and it still pops up. Anyone have
> any ideas on that I would appreciate it too. Thanks in advance for all
> your help.
> --
> PetuniaBlossom

D.Currie I have run ad-aware and something called spy sweeper. I was
reluctant to run spybot becuase I believe that is the one where I read
reviews of the latest upgrade to it has caused some problems. I can't
believe everyone else is not getting bombarded with this stuff. Like I
said the google toolbar has helped some but some stuff still gets by
it. Thanks for the replies.
--
PetuniaBlossom