Sign in with
Your question
Closed

XBOY

Last response: in Video Games
October 5, 2006 2:56:50 AM

I heard some stuff about Microsoft making a new hand-held gaming system called the XBOY. It will feature games from XBOX 360 and XBOX titles. Is this really gonna come out? Is Microsoft still planning on this? Or is this all just a big fake? :?

More about : xboy

October 5, 2006 3:54:47 AM

Personally, I highly doubt MS will actually end up making a handheld. This may happen when Sony and Nintendo release a second Gen 3-D handheld (such as a PSP2 or whatever). However, I think it's too late in the game for MS to get in on the market for handheld gaming at the moment.
October 6, 2006 11:01:08 AM

Quote:
Personally, I highly doubt MS will actually end up making a handheld. This may happen when Sony and Nintendo release a second Gen 3-D handheld (such as a PSP2 or whatever). However, I think it's too late in the game for MS to get in on the market for handheld gaming at the moment.

Just like they were too late with the xbox?

:lol: 
October 21, 2007 6:00:45 AM

I think That would rock! Wtf are people thinking when they say thats ugly... It's the same thing Sony did with the PsP... put a screen in a controller. I would so buy that
October 21, 2007 2:57:05 PM

year old thread, havent heard anything about an xboy..
February 3, 2008 6:08:42 PM

that name is a complete ripoff of gameboy and im sure ms wouldnt nsme it that ive heard xbox 180 and that seems like a more likely title considering it will the 360's little brother(if it comes out before 8th gen consoles)
February 4, 2008 12:48:35 PM

If I remember correctly, Neil Thompson said that Microsoft is not planning to develop a handheld system, but rather the company is focusing on the mobile phone market. But then again, rumors still wander around out there, with whispers of late 2007 / early 2008 (which is now, so that's somewhat debunked unless the thing shows its face at GDC 2008).

It wouldn't be a big surprise if the company kick-starts the next generation of portable console gaming. After all, look at their strategy with the Xbox 360. They wouldn't call it Xboy... I think that's copyright infringement. I could see the name Xporg (Xbox Portable Gaming) or something.... ;) 
February 4, 2008 7:57:08 PM

plop, not enough money, and not enough time spent in a situation where i really need a handheld to keep me busy... i think most people are like this... but if you take public transportation, or fly a lot, i could see it being worth while. I don't think the current psp would be hard to beat on the market, but the different type of gameplay you get from a DS would be the biggest challenge to overcome, especially as microsoft tends to be more conventional in sticking to massive graphics and standard interfaces to beat out the competition.
February 19, 2010 8:11:05 PM

xboy here. he is always around, but not here lately. he came back about a week ago. it been long time since they were close enough to get here. welcome back xboy. he see to many kind freinds hopefully again. many on JKII. xboy miss one called Rose for many times.
a b 4 Gaming
February 20, 2010 8:00:23 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!