Restoring backup file on NTFS USB HDD to C: drive ??

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Hello.
Using IBM computer. Backed up to external USB HDD using win xp pro
backup tool.
Had to format usb hdd in NTFS due to size of backup file.
Original c: drive now erroneously deleted. How can I restore file on
usb drive to c: drive ??

Original win xp pro was oem installed + no disk available.
Boot floppy created during backup doesn't boot.

Please reply to ng.
Thanks. -JS

question authority@home.org (john) wrote:

>Using IBM computer. Backed up to external USB HDD using win xp pro
>backup tool.
>Had to format usb hdd in NTFS due to size of backup file.
>Original c: drive now erroneously deleted. How can I restore file on
>usb drive to c: drive ??

You will have to reinstall Windows at first. Consult IBM for about how
to do this. If Windows is up and running again, you can use Backup to
restore the data.

--
(tm)