7VRXP v 7VRX

poeee

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2002
What is the difference between these 2 boards, Gigabyte 7VRXP and 7RRX? Is it only that the 7VRXP has raid, or are the performances different?

jankphil

Distinguished
May 17, 2002
i seriously doubt their's any difference between the performance, i have the 7VRXP. I think the other difference is that the XP gets more USB 2.0. The sound in the XP is AC 97 (pretty standard/crummy stuff)while the 7VRXP uses a "Creative CT5880 PCI sound controller" Last i don't believe their is a built in networking card. Overall i enjoy the 7VRXP but it seems everyone else is having problems with it. So be warned, you do get a few extra options it's just the board has been plauged with problems =\

poeee

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2002
I am doing some research for a mate, who will get a PC built for him. So he needs something that is stable, something that wont give him problems. It will be with a Athlon XP 1800+, so what do people recomend? Something not too expensive, the 7VRXP was just on the edge of his budget.

Another thing... he wont be overclocking, are the problems with the 7VRXP occur when you overclock?