Relocate "save" location?

Question for 7 geniuses:
I have my OS and programs on one drive dedicated.
I have a second larger drive for storing files only.
I want to change the save location, so that when I click save, my documents, my pictures, my music my videos goes to the second drive by default. Instead of being saved on the first drive by default.
Does anyone know how to change the default save locations in widows 7?
Thank you for you kind advice, SGM :whistle:

Go into your C:\ drive then Users>{yourname}>My Documents and right click to Cut it and paste it into the D:\ or whatever it's called. Then find My Documents in your Start menu and right click it, edit the target location accordingly and you're done. You may find if you have custom Locations set in MS Office applications that they'll all need changing as well. Repeat the process for Music and Pictures if they weren't automatically included.

Best way for a new clean build, so that it effects all future users ...

1. Once setup and at the desktop, don't bother doing any customisation, but start up a command prompt with admin rights and type .. "net user administrator /active:yes"

2. Logoff and log back on as administartor.

3. Delete any existing users and their files.

4. Startup Regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

5 Change the ProfilesDirectory from %SystemDrive%\Users to for example D:\Users.

6. Close down regedit and reboot.

7. Logon as Administrator and create a new user with admin rights.

8. Logoff and logon using new account and let system create profile, which is now on your D: drive which of course now the default location for all your personal files.

9. Start up a command prompt with admin rights and type .. "net user administrator /active:no". Leaving this enabled is a big security risk !!!

Using the official method, I was able to move My Documents, My Music, My Pictures, My Videos, to the E storage drive...
But, Public Documents, Public Music, Public Pictures, Public Videos won't move. I select "location" to move it, there is no "move" button, I try to type in a path, but it won't let me type in the path bar. I try to open permissions for sharing and give everyone permission, but it comes up and says: "this folder can't be shared" I was hoping that opening share permissions wound let me move it to the E drive.
So, Public files are so far stuck in the C drive, where I don't want them.

This presents a problem, because files that are downloaded or saved (like from media center) are saved to "public" location by default. These files will soon overflow the C drive.

Anybody have any idea how to unlock the "public" folders, so they can be moved out of the C drive, to the E drive?

How odd! I wonder if it's because of the possibility of another user being logged on (via Switch User or Remote Desktop) - conceivably it could cause a problem in such circumstances.

Anyway - have a go in Safe Mode. The appropriate buttons appear and you can type in the box. Disclaimer - I didn't actually proceed with the change so can't vouch for it, but can't see why it wouldn't work.

That is strange, because in the "location" window, it says I can change where the files are stored. But when I try to change it, won't let me move or type another path in. Typing works fine everywhere else.
Only one administrator user, but I'll give it a shot in safe mode as you suggest. If you folks think of anything else, appreciate it....It's win 7 professional, but I don't think the difference lies there.
But thanks for the ideas, it helped get half of them moved, anyway. Sure appreciate the help.