Sign in with
Your question

diffrence bettween a7v266 e,c and m vs a7v333

Last response: in Motherboards
June 26, 2002 2:49:22 AM

Ok i was wondering if anyone knew the diffrence bettween the Asus A7V266 E,C and M and which one of these is better also would the best one of those be better then the Asus A7V333 ,yes, no?

Thanks
June 26, 2002 3:14:21 AM

The A7V266 C,E,EX & M all use the KT266A chipset.

the C is the standard one.
the E is a C with onboard Raid.
dunno the difference of the EX... doest really say.
and the M is a smaller board using the MicroATX motherboard format.
only 2 pci slots.

none of them are really beter than the A7V333 as it uses a more advanced chipset with extra features.
support for PC2700 ram, overheat protection, blah blah blah.

<font color=green>Proud member of THG's</font color=green> <font color=blue>Den Of Thieves</font color=blue> :lol: 
June 26, 2002 6:25:20 PM

ok so i should go with the a7v333.
Related resources
June 27, 2002 12:14:32 AM

yeeessss... and no.

of that series the A7V333 is the best one to go for being the fastest and most up to date.

however i strongly reccomend you look around a bit first. ive always found asus to be more expensive than other brands that offer a similar product with the same accessories.

<font color=green>Proud member of THG's</font color=green> <font color=blue>Den Of Thieves</font color=blue> :lol: 
June 27, 2002 12:22:48 AM

well i was gona get a the soyo board either the dragon plus or ultra but the store had to order them from some other store and they were clsoe to 300$ each, and they only sell asus at the 2 store i went to. But in all what is the best mobo i could get, maybe a midrange mobo something not to expensive, or i may just got with one of the soyo boards.
June 27, 2002 12:35:08 AM

Hello,

the new asus board is fun but it doesn't fully utilise the 333 ddr option. If you read the comparison here at Tom's you will find that the Gigabyte GA-7VRXP is the best board to buy if you want speed for your money. I also bought an Asus board a little while ago but if you ever get troubles with it don't expect Asus to do the least to help you. An e-mail is even to much for a customer of there's. I don't know if Gigabyte is any better but I have been up to [-peep-] creeck twice with Asus and I'll never burn my hands on that again.

The best of luck with your new system Jorie
June 27, 2002 12:41:58 AM

should i just maybe stick with a kt266a for instaide of a kt333. And also i would like something with one of those cpu tempeture reader cause well i can't affored to fry a cpu. And on the roundup of KT266A board it says that none of them have protective circuit.
June 27, 2002 12:46:18 AM

Quote:
should i just maybe stick with a kt266a for instaide of a kt333.

IMO, you'd better get KT333 for later upgrade.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.
June 27, 2002 12:51:23 AM

well i know that this website gave the dragon ultra a not so good review and alot of the others did to, but one site hothardware.com when they benchwark it they also had a beta bios update and with that it was able to overpass the abit one but sometimes alot. But again that board is 300$ if i buy it from the store.
June 27, 2002 2:47:07 AM

well i love my high performance epox 8k3a+...
but its lacking a few things that you may (or maynot want/need)
i.e.
the 8k3a+ lacks onboard LAN and USB2.0. but i dont use either, nor will i in the near future so its of no issue.

i got it for its reliability, bios features and overclockability.

*thinks*
if active overheat protection is important to you, you might want to consider the Soltek board that uses the kt333 chipset. cheaper than the asus

June 27, 2002 2:50:54 AM

i would like that on it, i know the asus has it but i also want stability, something can overclock a little and enogu hspace to put a big heat sink and fan on the cpu, more specificly the volcano 7. But wil l checkthe reviews of that board.
June 27, 2002 4:04:36 AM

yep. definately check out toms kt333 roundup.

!