diffrence bettween a7v266 e,c and m vs a7v333

Raingod

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2002
Ok i was wondering if anyone knew the diffrence bettween the Asus A7V266 E,C and M and which one of these is better also would the best one of those be better then the Asus A7V333 ,yes, no?

Thanks

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
The A7V266 C,E,EX & M all use the KT266A chipset.

the C is the standard one.
the E is a C with onboard Raid.
dunno the difference of the EX... doest really say.
and the M is a smaller board using the MicroATX motherboard format.
only 2 pci slots.

none of them are really beter than the A7V333 as it uses a more advanced chipset with extra features.
support for PC2700 ram, overheat protection, blah blah blah.

<font color=green>Proud member of THG's</font color=green> <font color=blue>Den Of Thieves</font color=blue> :lol:

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
yeeessss... and no.

of that series the A7V333 is the best one to go for being the fastest and most up to date.

however i strongly reccomend you look around a bit first. ive always found asus to be more expensive than other brands that offer a similar product with the same accessories.

<font color=green>Proud member of THG's</font color=green> <font color=blue>Den Of Thieves</font color=blue> :lol:

Raingod

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2002
well i was gona get a the soyo board either the dragon plus or ultra but the store had to order them from some other store and they were clsoe to 300$ each, and they only sell asus at the 2 store i went to. But in all what is the best mobo i could get, maybe a midrange mobo something not to expensive, or i may just got with one of the soyo boards.

Jorie

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2002
Hello,

the new asus board is fun but it doesn't fully utilise the 333 ddr option. If you read the comparison here at Tom's you will find that the Gigabyte GA-7VRXP is the best board to buy if you want speed for your money. I also bought an Asus board a little while ago but if you ever get troubles with it don't expect Asus to do the least to help you. An e-mail is even to much for a customer of there's. I don't know if Gigabyte is any better but I have been up to [-peep-] creeck twice with Asus and I'll never burn my hands on that again.

The best of luck with your new system Jorie

Raingod

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2002
should i just maybe stick with a kt266a for instaide of a kt333. And also i would like something with one of those cpu tempeture reader cause well i can't affored to fry a cpu. And on the roundup of KT266A board it says that none of them have protective circuit.

Raingod

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2002
well i know that this website gave the dragon ultra a not so good review and alot of the others did to, but one site hothardware.com when they benchwark it they also had a beta bios update and with that it was able to overpass the abit one but sometimes alot. But again that board is 300$ if i buy it from the store.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
well i love my high performance epox 8k3a+...
but its lacking a few things that you may (or maynot want/need)
i.e.
the 8k3a+ lacks onboard LAN and USB2.0. but i dont use either, nor will i in the near future so its of no issue.

i got it for its reliability, bios features and overclockability.

*thinks*
if active overheat protection is important to you, you might want to consider the Soltek board that uses the kt333 chipset. cheaper than the asus

Raingod

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2002
i would like that on it, i know the asus has it but i also want stability, something can overclock a little and enogu hspace to put a big heat sink and fan on the cpu, more specificly the volcano 7. But wil l checkthe reviews of that board.

TRENDING THREADS