Can't find 'removable disc drive'

Tamara

Distinguished
May 25, 2004

My daughter purchased a digi cam and it says 'designed for windows xp' but it says to open windows explorer and click on removable disc drive but it is not there. We can't get pictures transferred without it. I am not very computer literate but this has everyone stumped. We have windows xp installed so shouldn't it be there? Please help.

Did it come with installation software. If not, have you tried booting the computer with the device pluged in?

"tamara" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My daughter purchased a digi cam and it says 'designed for windows xp' but
it says to open windows explorer and click on removable disc drive but it is
not there. We can't get pictures transferred without it. I am not very
computer literate but this has everyone stumped. We have windows xp
installed so shouldn't it be there? Please help.

When you plug the cameral into the computer, does it detect new hardware?

TRENDING THREADS