Space Flight Fighter Game?

Berthor

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
I'm looking for a good space flight simulator game, even a bad one for that matter. Star Wars battle scene meets Firefox game for Nintendo 64 or whatever. do any exist? if so, where can I get my grubby little hands on them?

Thanks in advance.

Berthor

llama_man

Splendid
Jan 12, 2006
I'm looking for a good space flight simulator game, even a bad one for that matter. Star Wars battle scene meets Firefox game for Nintendo 64 or whatever. do any exist? if so, where can I get my grubby little hands on them?

Thanks in advance.

Berthor

If you just want flying and shooting action, look at the Freespace games. You can probably pick them up for about £1 these days.

If you want realistic physics and slightly more complicated gameplay, dig out I-War (I only played the first one but I heard the sequel was good too).

Personally, I prefer the X games, because I like to build up a trading empire.

judocricket

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
Freelancer and Starlancer are other games you can look up. I've heard good things about DarkStar One lately too, but I haven't had a chance to play it myself.

SEALBoy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Try going for Freespace 2. Yea its old, graphics suck, and the ending is unbearably lame (as in: "That's it? That's the end? The star explodes and its over? WTF?"), BUT it is still one of the best games I have ever played, and it has a kicka$$ storyline (apart from the ending).

burn-e86

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
newest one along those lines would be darkstar one, though the voice acting really sucks its a pretty solid game, very similar to freelancer

llama_man

Splendid
Jan 12, 2006
Try going for Freespace 2. Yea its old, graphics suck, and the ending is unbearably lame (as in: "That's it? That's the end? The star explodes and its over? WTF?"), BUT it is still one of the best games I have ever played, and it has a kicka$$ storyline (apart from the ending).

I know it's a lame ending, but you still didn't have to tell him! :roll:

TRENDING THREADS