RALP

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2002
I READ THE COLUMN ON THE GA-7VRXP. I PURCHASED THAT> MOTHERBOARD LAST WEEK WITH THE AMD XP 2000, MAXTOR 60GB ATA/133, DDR333
> MEMORY AND I'M STILL USING MY OLD VOODOO 3500 VIDEO CARD FOR NOW. THE
> QUESTION IS I JUST STARTED PLAYING WITH AND MAKING MY OWN COMPUTERS JUST A
SHORT
> TIME AGO. IN THIS PARTICULAR CASE I'M SOMEWHAT STUCK WITH HOW I CAN GET THE
> MOST OUT OF THIS M/B. THE MANUAL DOESN'T TELL ME MUCH. I WOULD LIKE TO GET
> THE MOST PERFORMANCE I CAN WITHOUT FRYING MY CPU OR ANYTHING ELSE. HOW
SHOULD
> I SET UP MY BIOS OR JUMPERS TO GET THE BEST OUT OF IT. I TALKED TO THE
> DISTRIBUTOR THAT I PURCHASED THIS M/B FROM BUT HE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO
TELL
> ME. THATS WHY I THOUGHT MAYBE YOU GUY/GALS CAN HELP ME OUT. ANY INFO WOULD BE
DEEPLY
> APPRECIATED AND IF NOT MAYBE YOU CAN DIRECT ME TO SOMEONE OR SOMEWHERE.
> THANKS
>>

Jorie

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2002
This might sound a bit stupid but overclocking usually means that you alter the bios settings in such a way that you make the board & proccessor work faster but why should you ? You have a great system there and the few percentages that you manage to squeeze out by overclocking will hardly or not be noticed by you anyway. I like to overclock when my system gets older and doesn't play the software that I like the way I want it, but is there any piece of software that you have and use that doesn't work optimal ? I would like to know however to satisfie my personal curiousity how you like the mobo I'm considering buying it myself so if you have the time feel free to drop me a line. Have fun !!!

Jorie

Jorie

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2002
I'm sorry I spoke to soon presuming that Gigabyte was the same as all the other mobo's. I did some checking on the net though and found out that overclocking the Gigabyte is only possible by using the jumpers. I hope you manage to get it working as you like. Forgive my too hasty reaction please and I would still like to know how you like the Gigabyte.

Best regards ,
Jorie

RALP

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2002
i actually like the motherboard. i just want to know how i should set everything so i can get the best performance out of it.