Moving Directories from C: on XP Home

Being a new user I set up my Data Directories on C:\.
And I use Stomp Back Up My PC to backup my data files.
All was well until I decided to move my Data directories
to "My Documents." That worked, but not my back up
program cannoty find the moved directories. Any
solutions other than reformatting and reinstalling all
data and sofware? I have another problem and had to do
that and it took me a week. Please advise a solution
that doesn't require that effort!

Newbie Lou

On Tue, 25 May 2004 08:49:44 -0700, Newbie Lou wrote:

> Being a new user I set up my Data Directories on C:\.
> And I use Stomp Back Up My PC to backup my data files.
> All was well until I decided to move my Data directories
> to "My Documents." That worked, but not my back up
> program cannoty find the moved directories. Any
> solutions other than reformatting and reinstalling all
> data and sofware? I have another problem and had to do
> that and it took me a week. Please advise a solution
> that doesn't require that effort!
>
> Newbie Lou

I'm unclear what you mean by data directories. Are these folders that you
have created? Or were they created by the backup program when it was
installed? What is in the folders? Your own data collections or stored
backup sets maintained by Backup My PC?

If data files (yours), check the program's help file for directions on
creating and defining a new backup job. You're backing up the same data but
from a new location. You need to inform the program about the new location.

If backup sets, check the program's help file for directions on how to move
backup sets so that the program doesn't lose track of them.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User