Help me choosing an Intel Mobo

Ok, i'm new to this forum and i was just wondering if someone could help me pick out the mobo for my system.
I'm definately going Intel with the 2.26@533
My question is if there are going to be any new motherboards out which will make a signifcant performance increase by the end of summer.
I was also wondering if there was a big difference between getting the intel 845EBG2L or the Asus P4T333-C, performance wise.
i know the intel board only uses DDR2100, while the Asus uses the Rambus 1066, Is the $300 difference worth it? I'm not interested in overclocking at this point, so i would just like information on raw specs.
I do realize the Asus board would be overall faster, but i'm wondering about Visually faster, e.g when i run photoshop or do digital video rendering.
And finally would it be worth it to get the Asus board with 1/2 the ram i would on the intel board. for cost reasons. (512mb with the intel and 256 with the asus)
thank you
1 answer Last reply
More about help choosing intel mobo
  1. There should be no doubt that P4 works best with RDRAM. To get maximum performance from you 2.26 GHz P4, you should use a 850E chipset based board with RDRAM.

RDRAM won't make your pc visually faster. A P4 pc with i845 chipset w/ SDRAM seems as fast as a P4 with i850 w/RDRAM (Visually). More ammount of RAM makes a pc visually faster. You should go for intel 845EBG2L w/ 512 MB PC2100 DDR RAM for visually faster performance and asus i850E w/ 256 MB PC1066 RDRAM for true faster performance
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus Performance Intel