MAC PRO Quad Core ....Fastest PC

julesjt

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2004
Ok before every gets mad, I am totally a PC person but recently started to look into OSX since it is Intel now. And I have to say it kicks butt. I bought an imac 20" Core 2 DUO with 256MB x1600 vid. I used boot camp and loaded XP Pro and I was able to run F.E.A.R. at 1280 with most things turned up. And it ran great!

Now I am getting ready to update my gaming machine and thinking of getting a MAC Pro Quadcore Xeon Woodcrest. I will get the basic card for now and when Nvidia releases the G80 then I will upgrade my video. This way you have OSX for everything else but gaming.

In fact when I do the boot camp and basically dual boot the machine, each OS will have a dedicated drive.

Hardware wise this is the fastest workstation out there, and for the price its better then getting an alienware that is only dual core.

Trust me OSX rocks I hate to say it. I really do! I am hoping since there is pretty decent support for Linux gaming that now OSX is intel based possibly getting more support with OSX gaming.

Anyone else looking into this or doing this?

I know this is touchy subject and I am a PC gamer all the way but you can't ignore the fact that MAC is not making a bigger impact. Check out the specs, you will see it is totally awesome.