Help me choosing an Intel Mobo

p010sp0rt8

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2002
Ok, i'm new to this forum and i was just wondering if someone could help me pick out the mobo for my system.
I'm definately going Intel with the 2.26@533
My question is if there are going to be any new motherboards out which will make a signifcant performance increase by the end of summer.
I was also wondering if there was a big difference between getting the intel 845EBG2L or the Asus P4T333-C, performance wise.
i know the intel board only uses DDR2100, while the Asus uses the Rambus 1066, Is the $300 difference worth it? I'm not interested in overclocking at this point, so i would just like information on raw specs.
I do realize the Asus board would be overall faster, but i'm wondering about Visually faster, e.g when i run photoshop or do digital video rendering, or gaming.
And finally would it be worth it to get the Asus board with 1/2 the ram i would on the intel board. for cost reasons. (512mb with the intel and 256 with the asus)
thank you

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The P4 Northwood is such a great overclocker, if money is a big issue, I would recommend a different DDR board such as the Asus P4S533.

<font color=blue>At least half of all problems are caused by an insufficient power supply!</font color=blue>