Ram problem help please

I have 3 256meg Ram chips , they all work, and I have 3 slots, which all
work, tested them all.
I had 512Meg and got another chip at 256Meg, I added it ...
BUT my computer only sees 512m of Ram , reguardless of what order I put
the Ram chips in..
Why can't my computer see the extra 256m of ram??
I am using windows XP home
Please help
thank you

More about problem please

    Also my mother board is:
    Ga-81RXP
    intel 845 agp set P4 titan series
    Does it support more then 512 meg??
    thank you

    On Tue, 25 May 2004 19:48:40 -0400, Dale Rollands wrote:

    > Also my mother board is:
    > Ga-81RXP
    > intel 845 agp set P4 titan series
    > Does it support more then 512 meg??
    > thank you

    This board supports up to 2GB of DRAM (PC 1600 or PC 2100 DDR 200/266).
    There are some caveats on memory installation noted in the manual. There
    are 3 slots but a maximum of 4 banks. In other words, if using 2 DDR, use
    slots 1 and 2 or slots 1 and 3. (Using slots 2 and 3 with 2 DDR will not
    work.)

    http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-8IRXP.htm

    If using a combination different than 2 DDR, refer to the manual.
    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    Hi

    Please adjust the date on your PC - you're 2 months ahead of time.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    "Lawrence" <lawrencesystemsnospam@isp.com> wrote in message
    | Did you happen to check your motherboard manual to see what kind (size,
    | speed, amount,etc.) that your motherboard requires??
    | Might try that first. If you can't find it there, check with the place
    where
    | you bought the computer (or motherboard). They would know better what you
    | have installed.
    | Then come back here and tell us what you have found there.
    |
    | "Dale Rollands" <tenchi99@pathcom.com> wrote in message
    | > Also my mother board is:
    | > Ga-81RXP
    | > intel 845 agp set P4 titan series
    | > Does it support more then 512 meg??
    | > thank you
    | >
    | > Dale Rollands wrote:
    | > > I have 3 256meg Ram chips , they all work, and I have 3 slots, which
    all
    | > > work, tested them all.
    | > > I had 512Meg and got another chip at 256Meg, I added it ...
    | > > BUT my computer only sees 512m of Ram , reguardless of what order I
    put
    | > > the Ram chips in..
    | > > Why can't my computer see the extra 256m of ram??
    | > > I am using windows XP home
    | > > Please help
    | > > thank you

    | > > http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
    | > > -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

    | > http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
    | > -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----
    |

    | ---

    Ever occur to you that YOU may have a server problem rather than the poster
    has the wrong date set? That apparently is the case since I display the date
    correctly.
    > Hi
    >
    > Please adjust the date on your PC - you're 2 months ahead of time.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
    >

    > "Lawrence" <lawrencesystemsnospam@isp.com> wrote in message
    > | Did you happen to check your motherboard manual to see what kind (size,
    > | speed, amount,etc.) that your motherboard requires??
    > | Might try that first. If you can't find it there, check with the place
    > where
    > | you bought the computer (or motherboard). They would know better what you
    > | have installed.
    > | Then come back here and tell us what you have found there.
    > |
    > | "Dale Rollands" <tenchi99@pathcom.com> wrote in message
    > | > Also my mother board is:
    > | > Ga-81RXP
    > | > intel 845 agp set P4 titan series
    > | > Does it support more then 512 meg??
    > | > thank you

    > all
    > put

    > | > http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
    > | > -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----
    > |

    > | ---

    Lawrence cogitated deeply and scribbled thusly:

    > Did you happen to check your motherboard manual to see what kind (size,

    Please check your CALENDAR - you are posting from the end of JULY!

    Thank you.

    --
    gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

    To email me replace the obvious!

RAM Newsgroup Microsoft Computers Windows XP