deleted user account

i have deleted a user account without saving a couple of
files (dumb!) and i really need them back. is it possible
to recover them? please help!
2 answers Last reply
More about deleted user account

    Unless you heeded the warning to backup the user account
    files before deleting the actual user account, those files are
    permanently deleted.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect your PC!

    "bsantra" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

    | i have deleted a user account without saving a couple of
    | files (dumb!) and i really need them back. is it possible
    | to recover them? please help!

    Hi,

    The process of deleting an account is irreversible, but you may be able to
    recover the files with an undelete utility. These are commonly available for
    free, and work on the premise that the space the file formerly occupied has
    not been overwritten with new data yet. Once that has occured, recovery
    requires more extensive (and expensive) work with dedicated forensic tools
    by someone who knows what they are doing.

    This one here works quite well for basic file recovery:
    http://www.collina.us/files/REST2514.htm

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

    "bsantra" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i have deleted a user account without saving a couple of
    > files (dumb!) and i really need them back. is it possible
    > to recover them? please help!

Microsoft Windows XP