vsmon.exe

I keep getting the pop up:
vsmon.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x01cc2e15" refrenced memory
at "0x00000004". The memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate the program

I click on OK but then I get
TrueVector Service has encountered a problem and needs to
close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Please tell Microsoft about this problem.

Well I have have clicked on Send Error Report. I am
still getting the Application Error message.
Help! What do I do to fix this.
4 answers Last reply
More about vsmon

    Hi

    Try uninstalling/re-installing Zone Alarm.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    "redd2" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | I keep getting the pop up:
    | vsmon.exe - Application Error
    | The instruction at "0x01cc2e15" refrenced memory
    | at "0x00000004". The memory could not be "read".
    | Click on OK to terminate the program
    |
    | I click on OK but then I get
    | TrueVector Service has encountered a problem and needs to
    | close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
    | Please tell Microsoft about this problem.
    |
    | Well I have have clicked on Send Error Report. I am
    | still getting the Application Error message.
    | Help! What do I do to fix this.

    I attempted to uninstall Zone Alarm, received the
    following message:
    "TrueVector Internet Monitor not uninstalled. Unstaller
    not able to stop TrueVector software service. This will
    happen if other software is using TrueVector engine. To
    uninstall ZoneAlarm make sure all other TrueVector based
    programs have been closed."

    The only other program I installed was AvastAnti-Virus.
    could this be my problem. Should I uninstall Avast?

    Zone labs request that you boot to safe mode to uninstall this program. If you have updated to version 5.0 uninstall it asap.It has all kinds of problems of it own and will infect your computer with problems also.

    Hi

    I don't know Avast and how it works. Can you disable it instead of
    uninstalling - to see if that helps?

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    | I attempted to uninstall Zone Alarm, received the
    | following message:
    | "TrueVector Internet Monitor not uninstalled. Unstaller
    | not able to stop TrueVector software service. This will
    | happen if other software is using TrueVector engine. To
    | uninstall ZoneAlarm make sure all other TrueVector based
    | programs have been closed."
    |
    | The only other program I installed was AvastAnti-Virus.
    | could this be my problem. Should I uninstall Avast?

    | >|
    | >| I click on OK but then I get
    | >| TrueVector Service has encountered a problem and needs
    | >| close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
    | >| Please tell Microsoft about this problem.
    | >|
    | >| Well I have have clicked on Send Error Report. I am
    | >| still getting the Application Error message.
    | >| Help! What do I do to fix this.
    | >
    | >.

Microsoft Error Message Memory Windows XP