Incorrect unread mail messages count at start up

My account indicates at start up that I have 9 unread
mail messages when in fact I have none at all. How do I
reset that?

On Wed, 26 May 2004 08:23:16 -0700, Brian Jeffrey wrote:

> My account indicates at start up that I have 9 unread
> mail messages when in fact I have none at all. How do I
> reset that?

TweakUI For XP allows you to enable/disable unread mail on the welcome
screen. It also has a "repair" option that will fix an incorrect count.

TweakUI is one of the Power toys for XP.

TweakUI v2.00 for Windows XP:.
http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

TweakUI v2.10 for Windows XP SP1:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c/a/fca6767b-9ed9-45a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe