increasing screen size

kat

I have a Toshiba Portege 7200 series, and have recently
installed Windows XP. Everything works fine, but the
windows screen doesnt fill the entire laptop screen.
Please help! Thanks!

Kat

Move the pointer to edge of screen till it double arrows,then drag the
screen to full,do this at all 4 sides for max. viewing.Make sure that the 3
squares upper R.corner are in single setting,middle box cant be doubled up.

Milamber

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2002

I think you'll find that Windows XP isn't using the same screen resolution as the laptop natively supports. Laptop screens have a lattice of dots that will only support a single resolution in native format (ie 1024x768). To get full screen you need to right click on a blank area of the desktop and select properties from the menu that appears. The click on the Settings tab at the top right hand side of the window. Then where it says Screen Resolution there should be a slider bar (with Less at the left and More at the right). Move the bar all the way to the right (XP generally knows the maximum resolution a screen will support). Click on OK and it should then switch to full screen usage.