inversion

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2002
I HAVE THE GIGABYTE GA-5AA MOTHERBOARD, ALi SUPER 7 CHIPSET,AMD K62. I WAS TOLD I COULD INSTALL THE NVIDEA GEFORCE 3 TI 200. TOO MANY PROBLEMS. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME A GOOD GRAPHICS CARD I CAN INSTALL ( $200.00-$300.00 )AGP OR PCI. HAVE ALREADY DONE UPDATING IN BIOS AND CHIPSET. PLEASE HELP THIS IDIOT GET IT RIGHT. HAVE ALREADY TRIED 4 DIFFERRENT CARDS THAT WERE SUPPOSEDLY RECOMENDED, ALL OF THEM WERE VISIONTEK I BELEIVE. THANKS SO MUCH FOR HELPING. IS THERE ANY COMPATABILITY OUT THERE!

delpart

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2002
Is this a new installation? If not use the video card you originally had and remove all other cards. Go to the Gigabyte and Visiontek web sites and see if you can find the info you need about gforce 3 adapters. You shouldn't have to pay more than $200 for a 64Mb geforce 3. In fact you should be able to pay much less. With a K6-2 CPU, I don't think you will be able to use a gforce 3 or even a 2 for that matter.

en Xristos

inversion

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2002
it is an old installation. is geforce 2 ti best recomadation
im so tired of installing and uninstalling im getting dizzy.
thanks so much 4 help.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Is this an AT or ATX board? The problem is usually power circuits in the board itself, not enough 3.3v amperage to the AGP slot. With an ATX power supply the only known solution is to solder a jumper wire from the 3.3v ATX power lead to the 3.3v AGP power connection, along the back of the board.

<font color=blue>At least half of all problems are caused by an insufficient power supply!</font color=blue>