Battlefield 2 vs Battlefield 2142

Korbin91

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
i did try the demo, and to be honest, i dont think i would want to play titan over and over and over again.... its all bf2....just more lame

illuminatirex

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2006
lol , ok i admit i do not have bf2142, i play the demo of it, and i played the demo of bf2, and in comparison bf2 is much beter( i know ull say the demo is not the same as the ful version, but)gameplay wise 2142 is a bit more hectic, and most of the time unles ur playing as a sniper, or have good squadmates that work in a team and heal others u cant last long enought to kill more than 2 ppl before u die or are barely alive, the tian mode is ok in 2142, but the overall feel is much beter in bf2, and i guess the use of "terain" is beter in bf2, the buildings and all, they just seam to be more "normal/realistic/useful"....thats just my feel for it, others might differ, thats ok

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
If you have only played the demo then you really cant have any real feel for the games, apart from the new maps Battle Field 2 has nothing to offer over the demo. The maps are also very limited in Battle Field 2 as they all feel the same, with only one of the Battle Field 2 maps actually being set in a city.

The full version of Battle Field 2142 unlocks a whole new aspect to the game. Being able to unlock a selection of about 40 items and features you are able to unlock to help refine your player. From things like Squad leader spawn beacons that drop you out of the sky in a high-speed landing pod to units that hover near you that can spot enemy troops or later on assist in shooting troops down.

The demo is basically the vanilla flavour of the game, that is nothing special and as plain and boring as a cheap fiat car. I would plead for you to stop being so stubborn and just buy the bleeding game but I feel that I would be somewhat unsuccessful.

Take it from me though, someone that has played with the Battle Field franchise since it’s creation that this game in full is the best yet out of all the series has to offer.

illuminatirex

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2006
i know that is in the full game, (btw there are no 40 unlocks per class;) , just overall, and the unlocks arent anything special, ( i read about them), i know about the maps as well, i mean i wanted to get teh game (this was the first game i ever preordered) but the cheap ea withits spyware overdid it, and that was teh only reason i didnt get the game, and honestly i will not give such a company more $$, ea should learn to value its customers more, and i was not arguing much as to the quality of 2142(which i think is just a glorified mod of bf2), i was concerned more about ea's invasion of privacy. And if You like the game im not planing on or trying in any way form keeping u from not enjoying it, i just tried to inform those that might not know about the spying software, i myselfe would be very very displeased if i would not know about this and bought the game and tehn found out about it(i would return it even without even installing it).

Py

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2004
I have theme two and i can say that Bf2 is the best..... more realistic, more dificult... bf2142 is more for rokkys....

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
Battlefield 2 > Battlefield 2142.

Played both (BF2 almost 2 years, 2142, 3 months), prefer bf2. I might've played 2142 longer, but there was no real challenge, it might've helped if my clan was into 2142. It just got so easy, with the netbat system, really made finding ppl a joke. No need for wallhacks, 2142 has a system way better!

lordaardvark2

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2005
All that you'll read here are the opinions of people that AREN'T you. If thats what you want, thats fine and good. But, if you really want the answer, you'll have to play both games (there are demos available for both). They are both very similar; one is just modern and the other is futuristic. Thats the question that you have to ask yourself: do you want a (more) realistic or (more) fantasy-based game?

ScareTactic

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2007
i completely agree with aardvark, they are both really good games BF2 was more realistic and has a very large fan base but what it was lacking EA tried put into 2142. If you like all out "Team" war fare 2142 would be a good selection. If you like to keep with the times then BF2 is for you, real guns and always full servers for you to pawn on.

P.S the reason i switched to 2142 is that it was way to easy to rack up 130 points a game in a heli or a plane. And the squads system wasnt to crash hot.

Trunkz_Jr

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
With our clan, a lot ended up getting 2142. After many many months it still seems like people will still gather up together and play BF2 more then a gather for 2142 (our clan has a #1 lost village server for DC for 1942 still that we play). If they made 2142 out of a different engine and took a lot longer to make, this game would of blown BF2 out of the water with many ppl switching over without looking back (like how ppl switched from Vietnam to BF2). Instead they took the BF2 engine, added and changed some things here and there and threw it out to make money, then release their little packs to make more then move on.

Personally I refused to buy it till like a month ago where I got it for free with gift cards i haven't used in years and i Still end up playing BF2 more (Actually now, I played Armed Assault most, less cheaters, no hopping/diving). I understand Cafuddled how your trying to defend a game you like but I think the overall majority just still like BF2 more. I think the biggest move for EA right now, is to make a new 1942 with amazing graphics and a new squad system and I think it would totally take off with results.

MindsEye

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2004
Korbin,

I've logged thousands on hours on the "Battlefields" from BF-1942 on up. 2142 is the lastest, so of course has the best features. All in all, I would have to agree with the mass's here, and say BF2 is more "fun" then 2142.

The "bleakness" of all 2142 maps kinda depress's me, but then again, nothing like gettin in team speak with all your buddies and raping a titan!

Wonder what is next in "BF" future, I'm kinda hoping for both a Dx-10 1942 and BF2 offering. What'ya think?

Also, you can pick up the BF2 "chest" now with the basic game and all the expansions, for what - $30.00? Good deal.

G

I like both to be honest. BF2 is modern, very gritty, very fun. BF2142 can be alot more hectic, I like the classes, the rank system, very fun too.

I switch between the 2 depending on what warfare mood I'm in. :)

trinitron64

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2006
BF2 = uber slow frame rates for me
BF2142 = crazy high frame rates for me

But I think BF2 gameplay is so much more fun... because I suppose it is a 'tad' more realistic. Too bad BF2 wasn't written as well as 2142.

Grrrrr.