SiSoft Sandra 2002 and Athlon XP 2100+

Comreak

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2002
When I first installed my motherboard (Gibabyte GA-7VRXP) and ran windows XP pro (without reinstalling) it read my cpu as an XP 1500. To fix this I switched a switch on the mobo that changes the system bus frequency from 100mhz (what it was at) to 133mhz (what I switched it to). Windows then read it as an XP 2100 (what it's supposed to be). Just to make sure, I checked it with SiSoft Sandra which indicated that it was above the Pentium 2 ghz (which it is). Later on I experienced some problems with Directx8.1 so I reinstalled windows xp. Windows still says my cpu is an athlon xp 2100 but sisoft sandra is now indicating that it is performing below the Pentium 2 ghz and even below the amd athlon 1800+. The overall performance has also decreased (games, applications, etc.). Anybody know what I should do? Any help is greatly appreciated. The tests I use where the Multimedia benchmark and the arithmatic benchmark. I also used 3d mark 2001 (which also indicated a drop in performance, about 30% to 40% performance loss).

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
i have the same board and just upgraded from dx 8.0 to 8.1 and now i cant run any games.... they just wont start.

....the birds seemed to be calling him, thought caw....