Pavillion 8776c CD R/W will not eject after upgrading to XP

I recently upgraded the OS on my HP Pavillion 8776c from WinMe to XP Pro.
Since then whenever I put a CD R/W in it, it will not eject using the
hardware button on the front of the CD. If I open Windows Explorer and
right click the drive letter, it will allow me to do a software eject.

I suspect this is a driver or firmware upgrade problem. However, I am not
sure what CD Writer Plus unit I have or where to find the update. Could
somebody here help me with it? Thank you.
1 answer Last reply
More about pavillion 8776c eject upgrading

    I think this is normal if some application is actively looking at the CD-RW
    drive.

    Cheers!

    Bill (using a HP Pavilion 8655c & Windows 2000)
    -- written and edited within Word 2000

    On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 22:36:51 GMT, "Bob S" <BobS@nospam.com> wrote:

    > I recently upgraded the OS on my HP Pavillion 8776c from WinMe to XP Pro.
    > Since then whenever I put a CD R/W in it, it will not eject using the
    > hardware button on the front of the CD. If I open Windows Explorer and
    > right click the drive letter, it will allow me to do a software eject.
    >
    > I suspect this is a driver or firmware upgrade problem. However, I am not
    > sure what CD Writer Plus unit I have or where to find the update. Could
    > somebody here help me with it? Thank you.

Hewlett Packard CD-Rom Windows XP Computers