keyboard shortcut buttons don't work

Hi all.
I'm struggling to get my computer setup. I am 3000kms. from the guy that built it for me.
My latest problem is the three hot buttons on the left of my Microsoft Key board are inactive. They are My Documents, My Pictures, and My music.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers ray
6 answers Last reply
More about keyboard shortcut buttons work

    All solved. Thanks David.
    Cheers ray

    You have to load the keyboard software for those particular buttons.

    http://home.comcast.net/~wizardofwhimsy/index.html
    "ray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30336BE5-88C8-4F79-B0DF-E183EE22643E@microsoft.com...
    > Hi all.
    > I'm struggling to get my computer setup. I am 3000kms. from the guy that built it for me.
    > My latest problem is the three hot buttons on the left of my Microsoft Key board are inactive. They are My Documents, My Pictures, and My music.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Cheers ray

    Thanks for the quick reply David.

    How do I do that?

    I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the software from the CD.

    ray.

    What brand keyboard do you have. There are standard keys (mute, My Comp etc) which windows can do and others that require software.

    "ray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:288D21B9-CAD1-43F7-B306-A797570CD1D1@microsoft.com...
    > Thanks for the quick reply David.
    >
    > How do I do that?
    >
    > I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the software from the CD.
    >
    > ray.

    David, Microsoft IntelliType Pro2.2.

    Right side work- Media, Mail, Web/home, Messenger

    The software loaded automatically on startup after I had uninstalled it. I had the cd in the drive.

    Cheers Ray.

    2.2, that's 100 years old. William the Conquerer was using that version.
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Download.mspx
    "ray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17AA3946-6FA1-4A00-B080-07402B7BBD1C@microsoft.com...
    > David, Microsoft IntelliType Pro2.2.
    >
    > Right side work- Media, Mail, Web/home, Messenger
    >
    > The software loaded automatically on startup after I had uninstalled it. I had the cd in the drive.
    >
    > Cheers Ray.

Microsoft Keyboards Windows XP