keyboard shortcut buttons don't work

May 28, 2004 8:01:03 AM

Hi all.
I'm struggling to get my computer setup. I am 3000kms. from the guy that built it for me.
My latest problem is the three hot buttons on the left of my Microsoft Key board are inactive. They are My Documents, My Pictures, and My music.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers ray
May 28, 2004 9:51:02 AM

All solved. Thanks David.
Cheers ray
Anonymous
May 29, 2004 1:07:31 AM

You have to load the keyboard software for those particular buttons.

http://home.comcast.net/~wizardofwhimsy/index.html
"ray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30336BE5-88C8-4F79-B0DF-E183EE22643E@microsoft.com...
> Hi all.
> I'm struggling to get my computer setup. I am 3000kms. from the guy that built it for me.
> My latest problem is the three hot buttons on the left of my Microsoft Key board are inactive. They are My Documents, My Pictures, and My music.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Cheers ray
Related resources
May 29, 2004 1:07:32 AM

Thanks for the quick reply David.

How do I do that?

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the software from the CD.

ray.
Anonymous
May 29, 2004 1:41:21 AM

What brand keyboard do you have. There are standard keys (mute, My Comp etc) which windows can do and others that require software.

"ray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:288D21B9-CAD1-43F7-B306-A797570CD1D1@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for the quick reply David.
>
> How do I do that?
>
> I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the software from the CD.
>
> ray.
May 29, 2004 1:41:22 AM

David, Microsoft IntelliType Pro2.2.

Right side work- Media, Mail, Web/home, Messenger

The software loaded automatically on startup after I had uninstalled it. I had the cd in the drive.

Cheers Ray.
Anonymous
May 29, 2004 2:48:36 AM

2.2, that's 100 years old. William the Conquerer was using that version.
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Down...

!