Printouts being re-ordered

Hi All.........

Sorry to repost but I have no response in the other two groups I posted to,
so thought I would try here.

I have a Batch printing utility. It will print a pre-determined list of
Autocad drawings, in the order I decide. All was working well while I was
using Windows 2000, now, using Windows XP, the drawings come out of the
printer in a different order than what I put them in. This is unacceptable.
Is this something that can be fixed, or must I return to Windows 2000?

Any help would be appreciated...

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3
9 answers Last reply
More about printouts ordered

    Is your "Batch printing utility" compatible with WinXP?
    Is your "Batch printing utility" compatible with the WinXP version of your
    printer driver?
    Have you checked the web site of your printer for updated drivers?
    Have you tried posting where the Windows XP printing experts reside?

    microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax

    steve

    "CLR" <croberts@hitechled.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All.........
    >
    > Sorry to repost but I have no response in the other two groups I posted
    to,
    > so thought I would try here.
    >
    > I have a Batch printing utility. It will print a pre-determined list of
    > Autocad drawings, in the order I decide. All was working well while I was
    > using Windows 2000, now, using Windows XP, the drawings come out of the
    > printer in a different order than what I put them in. This is
    unacceptable.
    > Is this something that can be fixed, or must I return to Windows 2000?
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated...
    >
    > Vaya con Dios,
    > Chuck, CABGx3

    Steve..........

    My "Batch printing utility" is actually just a script.scr file fed to
    AutoCAD..........nothing special requiring it's own drivers
    etc........Autocad is started, reads the script-command file and
    executes..........AutoCAD does the printing, my utility just feeds the
    commands to AutoCAD..............AutoCAD is Autocad2000 and was installed
    with the XP drivers to this XP installation........it prints normally with
    ones/twos.......

    My printer is HP1200 Laserjet and was installed with drivers to this XP
    installation also............only other thing I've observed, is it takes
    longer to start printing a batch after I give it a command.........my
    computer is P4-2.8ghz with 1GigRAM, so it shouldn't be slowing anything
    down.

    Yes, I posted to the newsgroup microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax
    yesterday........no response yet.

    Any additional thoughts from anyone, would be appreciated........

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    "joust in jest" <joust in jest@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Is your "Batch printing utility" compatible with WinXP?
    > Is your "Batch printing utility" compatible with the WinXP version of your
    > printer driver?
    > Have you checked the web site of your printer for updated drivers?
    > Have you tried posting where the Windows XP printing experts reside?
    >
    > microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax
    >
    > steve
    >

    > "CLR" <croberts@hitechled.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi All.........
    > >
    > > Sorry to repost but I have no response in the other two groups I posted
    > to,
    > > so thought I would try here.
    > >
    > > I have a Batch printing utility. It will print a pre-determined list of
    > > Autocad drawings, in the order I decide. All was working well while I
    was
    > > using Windows 2000, now, using Windows XP, the drawings come out of the
    > > printer in a different order than what I put them in. This is
    > unacceptable.
    > > Is this something that can be fixed, or must I return to Windows 2000?
    > >
    > > Any help would be appreciated...
    > >
    > > Vaya con Dios,
    > > Chuck, CABGx3

    Have you tried an AutoCAD newsgroup to see if anyone else has experienced /
    solved this problem?

    steve

    "CLR" <croberts@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Steve..........
    >
    > My "Batch printing utility" is actually just a script.scr file fed to
    > AutoCAD..........nothing special requiring it's own drivers
    > etc........Autocad is started, reads the script-command file and
    > executes..........AutoCAD does the printing, my utility just feeds the
    > commands to AutoCAD..............AutoCAD is Autocad2000 and was installed
    > with the XP drivers to this XP installation........it prints normally with
    > ones/twos.......
    >
    > My printer is HP1200 Laserjet and was installed with drivers to this XP
    > installation also............only other thing I've observed, is it takes
    > longer to start printing a batch after I give it a command.........my
    > computer is P4-2.8ghz with 1GigRAM, so it shouldn't be slowing anything
    > down.
    >
    > Yes, I posted to the newsgroup microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax
    > yesterday........no response yet.
    >
    > Any additional thoughts from anyone, would be appreciated........
    >
    > Vaya con Dios,
    > Chuck, CABGx3
    >

    > "joust in jest" <joust in jest@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > Is your "Batch printing utility" compatible with WinXP?
    > > Is your "Batch printing utility" compatible with the WinXP version of
    your
    > > printer driver?
    > > Have you checked the web site of your printer for updated drivers?
    > > Have you tried posting where the Windows XP printing experts reside?
    > >
    > > microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax
    > >
    > > steve
    > >

    > > "CLR" <croberts@hitechled.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi All.........
    > > >
    > > > Sorry to repost but I have no response in the other two groups I
    posted
    > > to,
    > > > so thought I would try here.
    > > >
    > > > I have a Batch printing utility. It will print a pre-determined list
    of
    > > > Autocad drawings, in the order I decide. All was working well while I
    > was
    > > > using Windows 2000, now, using Windows XP, the drawings come out of
    the
    > > > printer in a different order than what I put them in. This is
    > > unacceptable.
    > > > Is this something that can be fixed, or must I return to Windows 2000?
    > > >
    > > > Any help would be appreciated...
    > > >
    > > > Vaya con Dios,
    > > > Chuck, CABGx3

    Not yet..........I still believe it to be a XP problem as it worked fine
    with 2k but not with XP. I've requested a second computer at work and have
    asked for 2k on it instead of XP and that should be the proof of the
    pudding.......one way or the other............thanks to everyone for trying,
    and for the conversation............

    > Have you tried an AutoCAD newsgroup to see if anyone else has experienced
    /
    > solved this problem?
    >
    > steve
    >

    > "CLR" <croberts@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > Steve..........
    > >
    > > My "Batch printing utility" is actually just a script.scr file fed to
    > > AutoCAD..........nothing special requiring it's own drivers
    > > etc........Autocad is started, reads the script-command file and
    > > executes..........AutoCAD does the printing, my utility just feeds the
    > > commands to AutoCAD..............AutoCAD is Autocad2000 and was
    installed
    > > with the XP drivers to this XP installation........it prints normally
    with
    > > ones/twos.......
    > >
    > > My printer is HP1200 Laserjet and was installed with drivers to this XP
    > > installation also............only other thing I've observed, is it takes
    > > longer to start printing a batch after I give it a command.........my
    > > computer is P4-2.8ghz with 1GigRAM, so it shouldn't be slowing anything
    > > down.
    > >
    > > Yes, I posted to the newsgroup microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax
    > > yesterday........no response yet.
    > >
    > > Any additional thoughts from anyone, would be appreciated........
    > >
    > > Vaya con Dios,
    > > Chuck, CABGx3
    > >

    > > "joust in jest" <joust in jest@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > > Is your "Batch printing utility" compatible with WinXP?
    > > > Is your "Batch printing utility" compatible with the WinXP version of
    > your
    > > > printer driver?
    > > > Have you checked the web site of your printer for updated drivers?
    > > > Have you tried posting where the Windows XP printing experts reside?
    > > >
    > > > microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax
    > > >
    > > > steve
    > > >

    > > > "CLR" <croberts@hitechled.com> wrote in message

    > posted
    > > > to,

    > of
    > > was
    > the
    > > > unacceptable.

    Find an autocad group. This is an operating system group.

    http://home.comcast.net/~wizardofwhimsy/index.html

    "David Candy" <david@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > Find an autocad group. This is an operating system
    group.

    >> Hi All.........
    >>
    >> Sorry to repost but I have no response in the other
    two groups I
    >> posted to, so thought I would try here.
    >>
    >> I have a Batch printing utility. It will print a
    pre-determined
    >> list of Autocad drawings, in the order I decide.
    All was working
    >> well while I was using Windows 2000, now, using
    Windows XP, the
    >> drawings come out of the printer in a different
    order than what I
    >> put them in. This is unacceptable. Is this
    something that can be
    >> fixed, or must I return to Windows 2000?
    >>
    >> Any help would be appreciated...
    >>
    >> Vaya con Dios,
    >> Chuck, CABGx3

    An Autocad group might help, but ... I believe this is
    an os/driver issue w/r to the print spooler and
    processing, therefore, this would have been the correct
    place to ask that question. No? Or, at least tell
    him that it's not xp or printer drivers with anything
    to do with the os?
    Po

    I perceive my problem to be OS related rather than AutoCAD
    related...........that is why I posted here...........but thank you for your
    response anyway.

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    "David Candy" <david@mvps.org> wrote in message
    Find an autocad group. This is an operating system group.

    http://home.comcast.net/~wizardofwhimsy/index.html
    "CLR" <croberts@hitechled.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All.........
    >
    > Sorry to repost but I have no response in the other two groups I posted
    to,
    > so thought I would try here.
    >
    > I have a Batch printing utility. It will print a pre-determined list of
    > Autocad drawings, in the order I decide. All was working well while I was
    > using Windows 2000, now, using Windows XP, the drawings come out of the
    > printer in a different order than what I put them in. This is
    unacceptable.
    > Is this something that can be fixed, or must I return to Windows 2000?
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated...
    >
    > Vaya con Dios,
    > Chuck, CABGx3

    Thank you for your astute observation. I believe the problem is related to
    the "spooling" by WinXP without FIFO regulation..........I just don't know
    what, if anything can be done about it. I believe the problem would
    manifest with ANY sort of batch-printing.......I just happened to see it
    with AutoCAD.

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    "PopRivet" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote in message
    > "David Candy" <david@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > > Find an autocad group. This is an operating system
    > group.
    > >
    > >> Hi All.........
    > >>
    > >> Sorry to repost but I have no response in the other
    > two groups I
    > >> posted to, so thought I would try here.
    > >>
    > >> I have a Batch printing utility. It will print a
    > pre-determined
    > >> list of Autocad drawings, in the order I decide.
    > All was working
    > >> well while I was using Windows 2000, now, using
    > Windows XP, the
    > >> drawings come out of the printer in a different
    > order than what I
    > >> put them in. This is unacceptable. Is this
    > something that can be
    > >> fixed, or must I return to Windows 2000?
    > >>
    > >> Any help would be appreciated...
    > >>
    > >> Vaya con Dios,
    > >> Chuck, CABGx3
    >
    > An Autocad group might help, but ... I believe this is
    > an os/driver issue w/r to the print spooler and
    > processing, therefore, this would have been the correct
    > place to ask that question. No? Or, at least tell
    > him that it's not xp or printer drivers with anything
    > to do with the os?
    > Po

    Place is filled with draftsmen.

    "CLR" <croberts@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:uiSSfQRREHA.3012@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    > I perceive my problem to be OS related rather than AutoCAD
    > related...........that is why I posted here...........but thank you for your
    > response anyway.
    >
    > Vaya con Dios,
    > Chuck, CABGx3
    >

    > "David Candy" <david@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > Find an autocad group. This is an operating system group.

    > http://home.comcast.net/~wizardofwhimsy/index.html
    > "CLR" <croberts@hitechled.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi All.........
    > >
    > > Sorry to repost but I have no response in the other two groups I posted
    > to,
    > > so thought I would try here.
    > >
    > > I have a Batch printing utility. It will print a pre-determined list of
    > > Autocad drawings, in the order I decide. All was working well while I was
    > > using Windows 2000, now, using Windows XP, the drawings come out of the
    > > printer in a different order than what I put them in. This is
    > unacceptable.
    > > Is this something that can be fixed, or must I return to Windows 2000?
    > >
    > > Any help would be appreciated...
    > >
    > > Vaya con Dios,
    > > Chuck, CABGx3

Windows 2000 Microsoft Windows XP