can't access 2nd hdd after upgrade

i just upgraded to xp home and now i can't access my
second hard drive. in disk management it says that it's
foreign, and converting it to a basic disk will cause me
to lose all my information! please help.

Cause:

The Foreign status occurs when you move a dynamic disk to the local computer
from another computer running Windows 2000 or Windows XP Professional.
A warning icon appears on disks that display the Foreign status.
In some cases, a disk that was previously connected to the system can display the
Foreign status. Configuration data for dynamic disks is stored on all dynamic disks,
so the information about which disks are owned by the system is lost when all
dynamic disks fail.

Solution:

Add the disk to your computer's system configuration so that you can access data on the disk.
To add a disk to your computer's system configuration, import the foreign disk
(right-click the disk and then click Import Foreign Disks). Any existing volumes on the
foreign disk become visible and accessible when you import the disk.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"theodopolis" anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message:

| i just upgraded to xp home and now i can't access my
| second hard drive. in disk management it says that it's
| foreign, and converting it to a basic disk will cause me
| to lose all my information! please help.

On Fri, 28 May 2004 08:55:24 -0700, "theodopolis"

>i just upgraded to xp home and now i can't access my
>second hard drive. in disk management it says that it's
>foreign, and converting it to a basic disk will cause me
>to lose all my information! please help.

What did you have on your computer before install XP Home?

Peter Hutchison