Disk Error Check

I tried to run an error check on my C drive , but the message said "cannott open the volume for direct access"
now every time I reboot the message come's up all the time. can anyone help.

"Cannot Open Volume for Direct Access" Error Message When Chkdsk Runs at Startup
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823439&Product=winxp

Go to Start > Run and type: CMD , and hit enter. Then type in:
chkntfs /x c: , and hit enter. Reboot your computer.

[This disables CHKDSK from running on drive C:]

CHKNTFS.EXE: What You Can Use It For
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=160963

Chkdsk in Read-Only Mode Does Not Detect Corruption on NTFS Volume
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q283340

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP