HiDeAtHfInItIoN

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2004
Hey everyone! Im new to the forum. I am building a new system just wanted to see if everything is compatible, or if there are any parts that would run better with this system. Thanks in advance chad
new rig...
Thermaltake Xaser V Damier Full-Tower case, with built in Hardcano Fan Controller.
Antec 550W Power Supply.
Asus A8V Deluxe (v.2.0) K8T800 motherboard.
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 90nm CPU.
Thermaltake Pipe 101 Heatsink.
Thermaltake Silent Cat 92mm CPU fan.
CORSAIR Xtra-Low Latency 184-Pin 1GB(512MBx2) 2 2 2 5.
Gainward 6800GT Golden Sample Video Card.
Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM SATA Hard Drive.
Pioneer DVD+RW/-RW Drive.
SONY Black 1.44MB 3.5inch.
ViewSonic P95F+B 19" PerfectFlat CRT Monitor.

Final Price including S&H $2,050

peartree

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2001
One comment is that if someone is charging you premium money for a 90nm socket 939 3500+, then call the cops! There is no such thing. All current 3500+ CPU's are built on the 130nm core until the Winchester core chips come out later this year.

Next off, the Leadtek video cards have been shown to offer much better performance. Then, I would pick the Plector 712A over the Pioneer drive any day. Finally, the Raptor drives are very fast, but you're going to run out of drive space in a BIG hurry if you do a lot of gaming (which I deduce from the component list).

I hope you have a lot of desk room. That 19" CRT takes up some realestate.

That's about it. I'm going to be putting together a similar system in a few weeks, although I'm putting in 600 gigs of hard drive space and that Plextor drive along with 1 gig of DDRAM (same brand and type as yours).

The big difference, though, is in motherboard. I've had my fill of fighting VIA motherboard drivers, so I'm going for a GigaByte GA-K8NSNXP-939 with nVidia chipset.

<font color=green>****</font color=green> Never Assume <font color=red>ANYTHING</font color=red> <font color=green>****</font color=green>