are ther no more coop shooters

dexblog

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
Coop against the monsters, like in the old Doom2 days. I am building a LAN and would like to have a few, so when my friends come over we can relive the old days of drinking beer and clearing levels together

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
serious sam is tons of fun in co'op mode. it makes it way harder of course. i think serious sam is one of the very few games that is more fun with inffinate ammo. of course games like half life it would take the fun away from it. seriouse sam is in no way strategy based, just shoot every thing that moves nonsence.

my computer is so fast, it completes an endless loop in less than 4 seconds!

dhlucke

Polypheme
Serious sam is the best coop shooter on earth. Grab some beer, some friends with their computers and just shoot everything in sight until your eyes bleed.

Don't play on an easy setting. Start at the hardest setting possible. It's much more fun when 10,000 bulls are charging you.

That game and the second edition have provided endless hours of mindless fun.

If you want something more strategic, pick up a copy of ghost recon.

<font color=red>
<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?dhlucke" target="_new">If you were to have sex with your clone would that be considered incest or masturbation?</A></font color=red>

Lonemagi

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
That is some good mindless violence. I agree. Co op on hard level is GREAT!

Might be an idea to get a server up and get some of the guys here on the forums playing a big co-op..

<A HREF="http://tekkoshocon.com/" target="_new">http://tekkoshocon.com/</A> Southeast Pennsylvania gets an Anime Convention!

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
the thing i liked most about it was, the levels were so freaking huge! you move on to another section, but the place you were just at is still on the horizon, you shoot a rocket at it and 2 min later you see a little puff of smoke lol.

dexblog

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
I ordered several copies of the first game, I have already called my buddies and they are all excited to start the killings

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
So ya like huge levels? Get Battlefield 1942. You haven't seen huge levels until you've played that game. It also has a very good coop mode but be warned...the bots in BF1942 definitely do not help system performance. Maybe a p4 2.53ghz or higher would run smoothly with bots set to a challenging AI, though my graphics card might have seomthing to do with it too. Anyway, BF1942 is the BOMB...you can fly Corsairs, bombers, flying fortresses, drive all sorts of tanks and mobile artillery, operate AA guns, drive jeeps and armored trucks, and even captain ships and submarines. There's nothing better than flighing your torpedo plane towards the battleship that's shelling your beach, dropping a torpedo, and then doing a flyby as the battleship sinks below the surface. It really is a cool game, but have a powerful system.

I want to move to space, so I can overclock processors cooled to absolute zero.

Esso

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001
I thought serious sam 1 was better than serious sam 2... infact 2 should have just been an addon, because they really did not change much at all besides some of the weapons and adding a few enemies. What I liked the most about the first one was the crazy maps/levels that added a curious humor to them. #2 seemed to lack that. Not as much crazy sh!t happened =(.

Anyone agree/disagree?

G

Return to Castle Wolfenstein has an add-on on it's way that looks fun, the orginal had good co-op, maybe the expansion will add more....

-I'm not stupid, I'm just big-boned!-

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
remember the part where a bunch of the monsters were real small? one of the smallest ones was the strongest, he took forever to kill, when you finaly killed him, a voice said "you killed binkey!" lol. or the ball that rolled at you, and he starts whistling the indiana jones song. there was some funny stuff man.