Leftovers...

I have a drawer designated for "leftovers". I was looking in my
junk/leftover drawer the other day and realized I have 8 old remotes for the
various video devices, 2 old calculators, all sort of old batteries/watches
etc, and 4 OLD cellphones! I wonder why our moms taught us to save old
technological devices?

Is it just me (and should I blame my mom for being whacko), or do other
people have this too?

"Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a drawer designated for "leftovers". I was looking in my
> junk/leftover drawer the other day and realized I have 8 old remotes for
the
> various video devices, 2 old calculators, all sort of old
batteries/watches
> etc, and 4 OLD cellphones! I wonder why our moms taught us to save old
> technological devices?
>
> Is it just me (and should I blame my mom for being whacko), or do other
> people have this too?

Ha ha I have my first NEC Bag phone from Cellular One as well as every
single cell phone after that was replaced or upgraded by me in the attic or
cellar or in the house. You think that is strange my wife and I collect
Teddy Bears and we have thousands of them over the last 20 years. There is
no space for humans in our place since the stuffed animals are taking
over...! We are looking for a larger home, ha ha

Elector

Gator

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2003

That old bag phone IMHOP is
an ace-in-the-hole. I would keep
it around for analog use whenever
you might need it. Plus you can
understand what you're hearing.
I always carry one of my six old
analog phones when traveling just
in case that's all there is or the d---
digital is too buzzy or fuzzy. Cheers!!

I donate mine to the local woman's center. They refurbish them and give to
women can use them to call 911 when their husbands start beating on them.

Peter Pan wrote:
> I have a drawer designated for "leftovers". I was looking in my
> junk/leftover drawer the other day and realized I have 8 old remotes
> for the various video devices, 2 old calculators, all sort of old
> batteries/watches etc, and 4 OLD cellphones! I wonder why our moms
> taught us to save old technological devices?
>
> Is it just me (and should I blame my mom for being whacko), or do
> other people have this too?

Old things are fun to keep around and take apart. Old phones can even make
fun toys for kids. Toddlers can feel like they have real cell phones of
their own without adding to your cell phone bill (this works until they see
the nice new phones that Mommy and Daddy have :) ).

> Peter Pan wrote:
> > Is it just me (and should I blame my mom for being whacko), or do
> > other people have this too?

I'm pretty sure that you are the *only* one. -:)

-Quick

Peter Pan wrote:

> I have a drawer designated for "leftovers". I was looking in my
> junk/leftover drawer the other day and realized I have 8 old remotes for the
> various video devices, 2 old calculators, all sort of old batteries/watches
> etc, and 4 OLD cellphones! I wonder why our moms taught us to save old
> technological devices?
>
> Is it just me (and should I blame my mom for being whacko), or do other
> people have this too?

Our *mothers* did not teach us this habit, our *fathers* did.

(At least mine did! <g>)

Larry