Desktop background-need help

My desktop background has a non-descript picture covering my desktop picture, and a second one quarter screen size covered it. How can I solve this problem? Thank you, a 70-year-old, new user
4 answers Last reply
More about desktop background need help

    Remove Common Tasks from Desktop
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_commtask_desktop.htm

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect your PC!

    "lampman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

    | My desktop background has a non-descript picture covering my desktop picture, and a second one quarter
    screen size covered it. How can I solve this problem? Thank you, a 70-year-old, new user

    Carey, the task you advise did not work. The help please. The one on the clipboard did. Thanks Dan

    I dont know either

    On Fri, 28 May 2004 09:31:03 -0700, lampman wrote:

    > My desktop background has a non-descript picture covering my desktop
    > picture, and a second one quarter screen size covered it. How can I
    > solve this problem? Thank you, a 70-year-old, new user

    Right click the desktop and select Properties. Go to the Desktop page and
    click the Customize Desktop button. On the next screen that appears, click
    the tab labeled Web Items. If there is an image file in the list of web
    items, uncheck the box for it. "OK" your way back to the desktop (click OK
    to accept changes and to dismiss the layers of configuration screens).
    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Desktops Screen Size Microsoft Windows XP