Desktop background-need help

My desktop background has a non-descript picture covering my desktop picture, and a second one quarter screen size covered it. How can I solve this problem? Thank you, a 70-year-old, new user

Remove Common Tasks from Desktop
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_commtask_desktop.htm

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"lampman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

| My desktop background has a non-descript picture covering my desktop picture, and a second one quarter
screen size covered it. How can I solve this problem? Thank you, a 70-year-old, new user

Carey, the task you advise did not work. The help please. The one on the clipboard did. Thanks Dan

tina

I dont know either

On Fri, 28 May 2004 09:31:03 -0700, lampman wrote:

> My desktop background has a non-descript picture covering my desktop
> picture, and a second one quarter screen size covered it. How can I
> solve this problem? Thank you, a 70-year-old, new user

Right click the desktop and select Properties. Go to the Desktop page and
click the Customize Desktop button. On the next screen that appears, click
the tab labeled Web Items. If there is an image file in the list of web
items, uncheck the box for it. "OK" your way back to the desktop (click OK
to accept changes and to dismiss the layers of configuration screens).
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User