Problem with Notepad

The text files in my Win XP Professional workstation is no longer being opened in Notepad. It is now opened in Wordpad. Notepad.exe does exist in C:\Wondows folder. When I tried to associate the text (.txt) files with notepad application, notepad is not in the "Open With" list. How can I add notepad to this list, before selecting it for association?

Thanks for the help.

Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to
Item No. 326 (left column) and click on "Restore Notepad.exe".

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Kelly Theriot]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP