internet ...viewing web pages

The page cannot be displayed...how do i rid my internet
web pages coming up with areas of the screen with the
message...The page cannot be displayed....
What have I mistakenly altered for viewing web pages?
Thanks for your time
Gary
1 answer Last reply
More about internet viewing pages

    Is it possible that your hosts file has been modified or
    replaced ? The symptom you describe can be a result of a
    hosts file that re-directs advertising addresses to the
    localhost (null), thus, the advertising does not appear
    and the result is the message you see on-screen in place
    of the advertising. I rather like it myself . . .

    See this:

    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

    Good Luck !

Microsoft Internet Windows XP