tamp internet files question

Can anyone help with this issue?

There are a few items which I would like to keep in my
temporary internet folder, which I usually empty every
few days because it becomes so large. Is there any way I
can move those items which I wish to save to another
temporary internet folder from which they will be
accessible but unaffected by the periodic deletions of
the folder accessed from Tools->Internet Options->General
tab->Temporary Internet Files->Settings->View Files
->Temporary Internet Files? It takes way too long to
Crtl-highlight then delete all the files that I do not
need.

Thank you for your help.

Sara
4 answers Last reply
More about tamp internet files question

    No - only one Temp Internet Files Folder allowed.

    "sara" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone help with this issue?
    >
    > There are a few items which I would like to keep in my
    > temporary internet folder, which I usually empty every
    > few days because it becomes so large. Is there any way I
    > can move those items which I wish to save to another
    > temporary internet folder from which they will be
    > accessible but unaffected by the periodic deletions of
    > the folder accessed from Tools->Internet Options->General
    > tab->Temporary Internet Files->Settings->View Files
    > ->Temporary Internet Files? It takes way too long to
    > Crtl-highlight then delete all the files that I do not
    > need.
    >
    > Thank you for your help.
    >
    > Sara

    Too bad! Thanks for the response.

    Sara

    You could make a Web page available offline, which stores it in a
    different folder than the Temporary Internet Files folder (TIFF).
    Of course, when you are deleting the contents of the TIFF, if you
    click to select the Delete all offline content check box you will
    delete the files that are stored for your Offline Web pages. As
    such, this solution might not be acceptable.

    For more information search Internet Explorer 6 Help for the
    Keyword: Offline Files. Then read all three topics other than
    "Introducing the Internet Explorer Web browser", including the
    topics that are suggested when you click the Related Topics link.

    And see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:

    KB196646 - How to Make Web Pages Available for Offline Viewing
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?Product=ie&scid=kb;en-us;196646

    Alternatively, you can save the pages to your hard disk.

    For more information search Internet Explorer 6 Help for the
    Keyword: "To save a Web page on your computer" (with the quotes).

    And for more information about the "Web Archive" feature that was
    first introduced in Internet Explorer 5, and about offline
    viewing, see the following documentation:

    TechNet Home | Products & Technologies
    Desktop Products & Technologies | Internet Explorer
    Using Internet Explorer 5 and Outlook Express 5
    Browsing the Internet
    SECTION: Taking Control
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/ie/proddocs/usingie5/browsing.mspx

    Note: If you want to save the page exactly as it is (with
    graphics, frames, and style sheets, etc.) I recommend using the
    option to Save As | Web Archive as opposed to Web Page, Complete
    (even though the documentation suggests using the latter format).
    This is because in the past I have had problems with the folder
    that the Web Page, Complete option creates. That is, when my
    installed OS was Windows 2000 and I had Roxio Easy CD Creator
    installed, the System Test for testing the transfer rate would
    hang on any folder created by the Web Page, Complete command
    (thank you Mark Russinovich and Bryce Cogswell for the Filemon
    Utility). Additionally, the Web Page, Complete option creates an
    "extra" folder to contain the graphics, frames, and style sheets,
    etc., whereas the Web Archive is a single file. Anyway...

    For future reference, you can find the Internet Explorer experts
    in the following Microsoft Newsgroup:

    microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser

    If you read the newsgroups via Microsoft Communities Web Page:
    http://communities2.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser

    If you read newsgroups using a NNTP newsreader, such as Outlook
    Express, and use the msnews.microsoft.com news server:

    Thank you very much, Carrie.

    Sara

Microsoft Internet Windows XP