tamp internet files question

Sara

Distinguished
May 21, 2001

Can anyone help with this issue?

There are a few items which I would like to keep in my
temporary internet folder, which I usually empty every
few days because it becomes so large. Is there any way I
can move those items which I wish to save to another
temporary internet folder from which they will be
accessible but unaffected by the periodic deletions of
the folder accessed from Tools->Internet Options->General
tab->Temporary Internet Files->Settings->View Files
->Temporary Internet Files? It takes way too long to
Crtl-highlight then delete all the files that I do not
need.

Thank you for your help.

Sara

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

No - only one Temp Internet Files Folder allowed.

"sara" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone help with this issue?
>
> There are a few items which I would like to keep in my
> temporary internet folder, which I usually empty every
> few days because it becomes so large. Is there any way I
> can move those items which I wish to save to another
> temporary internet folder from which they will be
> accessible but unaffected by the periodic deletions of
> the folder accessed from Tools->Internet Options->General
> tab->Temporary Internet Files->Settings->View Files
> ->Temporary Internet Files? It takes way too long to
> Crtl-highlight then delete all the files that I do not
> need.
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Sara

Sara

Distinguished
May 21, 2001

Too bad! Thanks for the response.

Sara

You could make a Web page available offline, which stores it in a
different folder than the Temporary Internet Files folder (TIFF).
Of course, when you are deleting the contents of the TIFF, if you
click to select the Delete all offline content check box you will
delete the files that are stored for your Offline Web pages. As
such, this solution might not be acceptable.

For more information search Internet Explorer 6 Help for the
Keyword: Offline Files. Then read all three topics other than
"Introducing the Internet Explorer Web browser", including the
topics that are suggested when you click the Related Topics link.

And see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:

KB196646 - How to Make Web Pages Available for Offline Viewing
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?Product=ie&scid=kb;en-us;196646

Alternatively, you can save the pages to your hard disk.

For more information search Internet Explorer 6 Help for the
Keyword: "To save a Web page on your computer" (with the quotes).

And for more information about the "Web Archive" feature that was
first introduced in Internet Explorer 5, and about offline
viewing, see the following documentation:

TechNet Home | Products & Technologies
Desktop Products & Technologies | Internet Explorer
Using Internet Explorer 5 and Outlook Express 5
Browsing the Internet
SECTION: Taking Control
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/ie/proddocs/usingie5/browsing.mspx

Note: If you want to save the page exactly as it is (with
graphics, frames, and style sheets, etc.) I recommend using the
option to Save As | Web Archive as opposed to Web Page, Complete
(even though the documentation suggests using the latter format).
This is because in the past I have had problems with the folder
that the Web Page, Complete option creates. That is, when my
installed OS was Windows 2000 and I had Roxio Easy CD Creator
installed, the System Test for testing the transfer rate would
hang on any folder created by the Web Page, Complete command
(thank you Mark Russinovich and Bryce Cogswell for the Filemon
Utility). Additionally, the Web Page, Complete option creates an
"extra" folder to contain the graphics, frames, and style sheets,
etc., whereas the Web Archive is a single file. Anyway...

For future reference, you can find the Internet Explorer experts
in the following Microsoft Newsgroup:

microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser

If you read the newsgroups via Microsoft Communities Web Page:
http://communities2.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser

If you read newsgroups using a NNTP newsreader, such as Outlook
Express, and use the msnews.microsoft.com news server:

Sara

Distinguished
May 21, 2001

Thank you very much, Carrie.