Sign in with
Your question

Fear extraction point?

Last response: in Video Games
October 26, 2006 5:55:07 PM

Anyone play it yet? thoughts?
I dont know if i want to buy it. The first part pissed me off with that crappy ending. Its like i have to pay $80 for a game ($49original+$30EP).
It pissed me off more then EA BF spyware , At least they told my what i was getting.

More about : fear extraction point

October 28, 2006 5:58:55 PM

i own Fear expansion pack but i havent beat it yet. So far its a really cool game. Other people are saying that its not worth 30 but so far i think it is. so really its up to you if u want to spend it u can, but its your money u decide! Hope this helps :D 
November 3, 2006 12:14:33 PM

I'm playing through it now. I guess it's a matter of opinion. I thought the ending of the original FEAR was not bad. I do think they left it open for an expansion back.

The downside is it's alot more of the same (at least so far) and it seems to be more wondering around in the dark, which I understand is to make it more scary. If you really liked the first one, then you might like revisiting it.

I wish they would have change the voices around a little on the replica soldiers and gave them a little different dialog, but they are called replicas for a reason.

Thus far, it doesn't seem to be worth $30, I would have been happier with a $20 EP.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
November 3, 2006 1:38:41 PM

I haven't seen it released here yet. Has it been released in Europe?
November 3, 2006 1:48:36 PM

Not sure where you check for euro releases of games, it was released in the US on Oct 26th. The Xbox 360 release was on Oct 31st.

According to Amazon.co.uk, it was released at the same time, at least for the UK crowd.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/F-E-R-Extraction-Point-Expansio...

**Update**
I just finished FEAR XP. It's definately short for a $30 expansion pack and if you hated the ending on the first one, you'll absolutely hate this ending. Not to be a spoiler, but they didn't explain very much in this one and they definaltey seem to have left the door open for FEAR 2 or another XPack.

I'll be glad to wait for FEAR 2 myself
November 5, 2006 7:55:05 PM

I picked up fear xp, have not played it much, I will when i get bored of the other games i have,

But i have another question, in the original fear when going into the different rooms were any of the desktop pc's dell's? I ask because i dont remember and in the xbox 360 game there are the new dell xps pepperd throughout, with dell on the screens
November 6, 2006 1:15:18 AM

Yep. Pretty much every Video monitor which I believe was a flat screen, has XPS in big letters on it. I heard it was coming, but that's the first game that I played that I actually say an advertisement in. Not that I cared, just thought it was interesting.
November 6, 2006 1:03:30 PM

i finished it in around 8 hours..the ending is not very good.the new weapons are good.
November 7, 2006 7:51:17 AM

Quote:
Yep. Pretty much every Video monitor which I believe was a flat screen, has XPS in big letters on it. I heard it was coming, but that's the first game that I played that I actually say an advertisement in. Not that I cared, just thought it was interesting.

Ok how about the pc's were they the xps version? I am talking the new xps system that look weird, I am asking because i thought that fear the pc version came out before the new xps version was released. I was just trying to find out if they did anything different between the x360/pc

I got another question, in the previews of fear they show on TV i see a robot that looks like the "bad" robot in the original robo cop, where is this thing in the game? I dont remember it
November 20, 2006 9:28:46 PM

I loved the ending....

I also loved it when Alma would help, i couldnt tell if she was trying to kill me or hoping to start some kind of relationship....

Also, the laser carbine creates ALOT of blood, which, prolly a bad thing, makes me happy lol.

Great game. EXP would be better.
November 21, 2006 12:54:35 AM

Quote:
I loved the ending....

I also loved it when Alma would help, i couldnt tell if she was trying to kill me or hoping to start some kind of relationship....

Also, the laser carbine creates ALOT of blood, which, prolly a bad thing, makes me happy lol.

Great game. EXP would be better.

Played it through 3 times now it gets better the more you play it some sections are pretty intense.

I don't know what the deal is with Alma she's not really your side friendly even though she helps you out through the game when she was clearing the path in the subway on the tracks, I ran up to her and caught her, don't try it, you'll die.

Just guessing that maybe Alma little girl in Red dress is the good part of this thing towards the character we play in the game and he is probably her son and doesn't know it, but the older girl seems to be controlling all the bad creepy critters running around, but they both should be the same person, some of it is really confusing!

After seeing all the crap they've done to her I can't say I blame her for what she's doing, they do all deserve to die, at least all that were responsible for what was done to her.

Best weapon on the creepy invisable critters is the shotgun, cut your light off and you can see their red eyes glowing, its a perfect target.

And these walking bots in the expansion are really hard to kill, about twice what the original game was.

The little mini turretts are really handy sometimes, you just have to be precise in their placement or they'll end up on a wall or some place you really didn't want it, and don't waste a mini turrett on a bot, he'll destroy it with his rockets so fast its not funny.

The laser carbine is cool but it doesn't last long enough to be able to depend on it, I don't even think I used it at all the third time I played the game.

But the Minigun is "bad to the bone", best thing to do is save that sucker as long as you can and let the ammo build up, from killing the heavys, last time I got to the end with about 850 rounds, and masacred the opposition.

I definitely have not regretted buying the game though, its been good fun so far, IMO.
November 21, 2006 11:15:32 AM

The young=good
old=bad alma thing is a good point, i never thought of that lol. But if I remember, one time that she helps u, is sounds like an older voice, but idk...

A love the minigun, I save it up to take out the armored stuff.

Shotgun=true path to nirvana

Theres also a satifying feeling when all 3, or however many bullets nail the target, from a Steyr AUG (dont remember what the guns called in the real game, but its the sniper gun), in slow-mo.
November 21, 2006 3:32:28 PM

Quote:
Theres also a satifying feeling when all 3, or however many bullets nail the target, from a Steyr AUG (dont remember what the guns called in the real game, but its the sniper gun), in slow-mo.

That gun with its 3 fire rate at a time has gotten me killed in the game more times than I can count, until I just quit using it period, I don't even pick that weapon up anymore at all, I'd rather just have the pistols than that weapon.
November 22, 2006 12:56:39 PM

agree, but its scary when ur the other team, and u can just see around the corner, when u see the flashing lights, and u just peek out, and theyres blood EVERYWHERE, and theres a dude sitting at the end with a giant smoking gun...

I agree again, ive sniped more people with the pistol than the steyr.
November 22, 2006 6:44:56 PM

Those walking bots are tough in the parking garage, by the time you make it through your extra ammo is pretty much gone, it seems to me they're about 3 times harder to kill than the ones in the original game.

The problem is figuring out just how to tag him and take him out, if you fire straight at him at the same time he is firing at you, the rockets hit each other in mid air and you don't score a hit on him, even though you thought you did, I've discovered the trick is to pop him from the side staying on the move.

That works for the one on the roof, unfortunately inside the garage you have no maneuvering room to do that.
November 23, 2006 12:53:49 PM

Grr those were mean on the hard difficulties....

I would run normal near them, slow-mo, then jack them with grenades, then drop prox grenades when i was fleeing, in addition to using the penetrator, which I geuss has good armor peircing values.

I usually end up using all of the penetrators ammo on the normal guys, as its stress relieving, pinning them up again the wall in funny shapes.

I think another feature of the expansion, if there is one of course, should be more melee attacks. Not necessarily different keys, but just from the cinematic viewpoint. Or movie mode or something sweet like that.
November 24, 2006 5:55:37 PM

//////then drop prox grenades when i was fleeing

Just sharing OK, not telling you how to play the game OK.

I really like the proximity grenades, I discovered using the proximity grenades that using them 1 at a time acomplished more direct damage to a bot, when I dropped them on the move they would chain react and set them all off when the first one blew, and the bot may be out of range for the last ones to do any damage to him, resulting in wasting 1 or sometimes 2 of them.
November 24, 2006 6:29:30 PM

Ya, that happened the first time, but I usually give them some distance per drop.

The scariest part tho, is when ur in the maternity ward, and u see something, so I walked up closer, and its a nurse holding a baby. I cant see its face very well. But then the lights go out...

A second later, the things like screaming against the glass, with blood, and Im just sitting there....white faced...

Never before have I ever been so started by a video game, and possibly even a movie.
November 24, 2006 10:57:39 PM

ROFL :lol:  That got me too!, scared the crap out of me!
November 25, 2006 3:24:06 AM

And the worst part, is that Ive had to play all this on:

1.7 Dell P4
512 Ram
Nvidia FX5500 Overclocked

At least I squeezed out 2x aa
November 25, 2006 11:04:45 PM

Not bad at all!
!