Changed user accounts programs don't run

Josh

New computer. Set up with family name.
I set up new administrator account for myself and then limited family account.

Now MSoffice programs when opened display setup screen and ask for my long product key.
I follow all prompts but it just recycles back to initial setup screen.

Any ideas?

josh

| "josh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| New computer. Set up with family name. I set up new
| administrator account for myself and then limited family
| account. Now MSoffice programs when opened display setup screen
| and ask for my long product key. I follow all prompts but it
| just recycles back to initial setup screen.

See if either of the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles
help you resolve the problem:

KB293806 - OFFXP: Error Message When You Start Office Program:
Please Enter a Valid Product Key to Use This Product
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?Product=ofw&scid=kb;en-us;293806

KB321346 - OFF: You Are Prompted for the Product Key When You
Open an Office Program
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?Product=ofw&scid=kb;en-us;321346

And if neither of those help I suggest that you post your
question in the following newsgroup:

microsoft.public.office.setup

If you read the newsgroups via Microsoft Communities Web Page:
http://communities2.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?query=microsoft.public.office.setup

If you read newsgroups using a NNTP newsreader, such as Outlook
Express, and use the msnews.microsoft.com news server:

And if you post to that newsgroup I suggest that you include
information such as:

- Operating System version and service pack level
- "MSoffice programs" Version and Service Pack level
- Exact words in popup error box message
- Any relevant information found in you log files. For example,
examine Event Viewer (eventvwr.msc) Application Log entries for
Source: MsiInstaller and Source: Microsoft Office 10 or 11. And
examine the Windows Installer log file. For some general
information see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:

KB289508 - HOW TO: View the Error Signature from Office
Application Error Reporting If Program Quits Unexpectedly
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?Product=ofw&scid=kb;en-us;28950

KB298385 - OFF2000: Windows Installer Prompts for Office CD After
You Start Program That Uses Mscomctl.ocx File
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?Product=ofw&scid=kb;en-us;298385

KB296603 - HOW TO: Use an Office XP Setup Log File to
Troubleshoot Setup Problems in Office XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?Product=ofw&scid=kb;en-us;296603

And for future information, here are some links to the:

Microsoft Office Support Center
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;ofw

Microsoft Office Newsgroups
http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=prod_office&slcid=US