Deleted administrator account

After I installed Windows XP Home Edition there were two administrator accounts I think that was because I was asked at some stage to write an account name but I do not remember why . I tried to delete the account but I may or may not have deleted the account details I do not remember . But the account name is still present and I want to remove it , I called it Mickey Mouse . Can someone tell me how to remove the name and or details , and I am not sure whether any programs are using the account details I want to remove . The name appears in Documents and Settings below All Users but only my name appears on the Welcome screen . I only want my name to appear .
1 answer Last reply
More about deleted administrator account

    Hi,

    Boot into Safe mode by hitting F8 at startup. Choose the administrator logon
    from the welcome screen, then go to the control panel/users and remove the
    mickey mouse account. However, if this is the user folder that is housing
    your user profile (the logon and user folder name are not necessarily the
    same), doing this will remove your user account, so be sure of what you are
    working with. When you remove a user account, you are given an option to
    save that users data, I would suggest that you employ this option until you
    are sure that none of the information is needed.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Nicholas" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After I installed Windows XP Home Edition there were two administrator
    > accounts I think that was because I was asked at some stage to write an
    > account name but I do not remember why . I tried to delete the account but
    > I may or may not have deleted the account details I do not remember . But
    > the account name is still present and I want to remove it , I called it
    > Mickey Mouse . Can someone tell me how to remove the name and or details
    > , and I am not sure whether any programs are using the account details I
    > want to remove . The name appears in Documents and Settings below All
    > Users but only my name appears on the Welcome screen . I only want my name
    > to appear .

Microsoft Windows XP