Problem running MS Updates!

Hello, I hope there is a solution to this. I try to both run windows update
and manually install updates from Microsoft, but it doesn't work. On Windows
update I get the error that I might have chosen NO when asked to ack. the
license agreement - I did not..I do not even GET a dialogbox with
securitywarning.. It also suggests that the security settings might be set
to high, I have tried with both "middle low" and low. Doesn't help
I have also tried to do what is sugested in Q174360 (deleting two .dll
files) it doesn't help.

If I download a kb8xxxxx file (i.e 835732 - quite important..) and try to
run the from the HD afterwards, I get this errer message:
Can not verify integrity to the file Update.inf. Control that the
Cryptografiservice is started on this computer.
This service is started, I have also restarted it, nothing helps so far
Really hope for a suggestion about this!

Regards,
Lars H
Norway

Windows Update Troubleshooter
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

> Windows Update Troubleshooter
> http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/

Hi and thank you for answering, I have come a little further now - after
clearing 2 voruses and 2 trojans and some spyware I CAN run the downloads
manually from the HD after downloading them (through MSBA scanning) but I
stil get an error from Windows Update. It says (translated from Norwegian)
"Demands ny software from Windows Update"
We have improved the webarea, If you want to download the new verssion av
the software and use Windows Update, click on "Update Now"

If I try to click on the link on the right side for "Update now" - nothing
happens
However I see there is a resolution for this in the page you sent me and I
will try it in a little while - I'll let you know!

Lars

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
> "Lars H" <lhanss@broadpark.no> wrote in message
> > Hello, I hope there is a solution to this. I try to both run windows
> update
> > and manually install updates from Microsoft, but it doesn't work. On
> Windows
> > update I get the error that I might have chosen NO when asked to ack.
the
> > license agreement - I did not..I do not even GET a dialogbox with
> > securitywarning.. It also suggests that the security settings might be
> set
> > to high, I have tried with both "middle low" and low. Doesn't help
> > I have also tried to do what is sugested in Q174360 (deleting two .dll
> > files) it doesn't help.
> >
> > If I download a kb8xxxxx file (i.e 835732 - quite important..) and try
> > run the from the HD afterwards, I get this errer message:
> > Can not verify integrity to the file Update.inf. Control that the
> > Cryptografiservice is started on this computer.
> > This service is started, I have also restarted it, nothing helps so far
> > Really hope for a suggestion about this!
> >
> > Regards,
> > Lars H
> > Norway

> Windows Update Troubleshooter
> http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.

It DID thank you - following the instructions about Software update page
repeatedly displays "Update now" button

Lars

> Wes
> "Lars H" <lhanss@broadpark.no> wrote in message
> > Hello, I hope there is a solution to this. I try to both run windows
> update
> > and manually install updates from Microsoft, but it doesn't work. On
> Windows
> > update I get the error that I might have chosen NO when asked to ack.
the
> > license agreement - I did not..I do not even GET a dialogbox with
> > securitywarning.. It also suggests that the security settings might be
> set
> > to high, I have tried with both "middle low" and low. Doesn't help
> > I have also tried to do what is sugested in Q174360 (deleting two .dll
> > files) it doesn't help.
> >
> > If I download a kb8xxxxx file (i.e 835732 - quite important..) and try
> > run the from the HD afterwards, I get this errer message:
> > Can not verify integrity to the file Update.inf. Control that the
> > Cryptografiservice is started on this computer.
> > This service is started, I have also restarted it, nothing helps so far
> > Really hope for a suggestion about this!
> >
> > Regards,
> > Lars H
> > Norway

Lars, glad it worked out!

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:40b8dfec$1@news.broadpark.no,
Lars H <lhanss@broadpark.no> hunted and pecked:
>> Windows Update Troubleshooter
>> http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> It DID thank you - following the instructions about Software update
> page repeatedly displays "Update now" button
>
> Lars
>

>> Wes
>> "Lars H" <lhanss@broadpark.no> wrote in message
>>> Hello, I hope there is a solution to this. I try to both run
>>> windows update and manually install updates from Microsoft, but it
>>> doesn't work. On Windows update I get the error that I might have
>>> chosen NO when asked to ack. the license agreement - I did not..I
>>> do not even GET a dialogbox with securitywarning.. It also
>>> suggests that the security settings might be set to high, I have
>>> tried with both "middle low" and low. Doesn't help
>>> I have also tried to do what is sugested in Q174360 (deleting two
>>> .dll files) it doesn't help.
>>>
>>> If I download a kb8xxxxx file (i.e 835732 - quite important..) and
>>> try to run the from the HD afterwards, I get this errer message:
>>> Can not verify integrity to the file Update.inf. Control that the
>>> Cryptografiservice is started on this computer.
>>> This service is started, I have also restarted it, nothing helps so
>>> far Really hope for a suggestion about this!
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Lars H
>>> Norway

Me too!
there are som strange problems with MS software, naturally.. but luckily the
help possibilities like this news group, and the possibilities of finding
solutions are just great!!
Lars

> Lars, glad it worked out!
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:40b8dfec$1@news.broadpark.no,
> Lars H <lhanss@broadpark.no> hunted and pecked:
> > "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >> Windows Update Troubleshooter
> >> http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/
> >>
> >> --
> >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> >
> > It DID thank you - following the instructions about Software update
> > page repeatedly displays "Update now" button
> >
> > Lars
> >

> >> Wes
> >> "Lars H" <lhanss@broadpark.no> wrote in message

Right, on both accounts. ;-)