abit kt7e headache

cyberwinds

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2002
I have had this board for about 1 year already. At the begining I thought this was a wonderful board. I have a AXIAY athlon 1G TB. I overclocked the board to 133MZ after I assembled the machine. After about 1 week of usage, the cpu+mobo suddenly went dead. Then after many painful trials, I found that there is probably some residual charge on the mobo or some RAM problem, because the fix of the dead mobo+cpu was simply lay it for 2-3 days without any power connected. AFter this incident, I immediately turned the FSB back to 100MHz, the one that board supposed to work at.

Now the headache began, once in a while, the board+cpu would go dead, just like the first time it happened. It has happened 5+ times in the past 1 year. It is really annoying. Coz all I want now is a stable working machine. And when the cpu+mobo went dead, this is what happens

1) system won't POST, no beep, no agp video output, in another words, you don't know what went wrong.
2) very picky of RAM chip, the system complains about my crucial ram chip
3) the system seems easily lose ACPI I/O IRQ memory in its BIOS, so it doesn't see the AGP card, and it won't send out any video output when the system fails.

To me the baddest headache is the bios not giving any error beep code and no video output, coz I have no clue what went wrong and how I could fix it.

I am wondering if anyone else have had similar experience. I know mine is quite wicked from what I depicted. And if you happen to know what was causing the problem and better yet you have a solution, please let me know. My email: cyberwinds@hotmal.com