Black Hawk Down walkthrough - last stand

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Does anyone know of a complete walkthrough? Otherwise, I need some help in
the Last Stand mission - after laying the satchels to blow up the mortar
positions, I'm told to wait meet up with the rest of the guys. I hang out
where the map tells me but no action - any help appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about black hawk walkthrough stand
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    Sorry this post is a bit late (I only just came across your question) and
    you may already have resolved the problem but this may help if you are
    still stuck.

    (a) Have you detonated the satchel charges? Press the '8' key to bring up
    the detonator, make sure you and any team members have retreated to a safe
    distance then press the button. This should trip the end sequence and you
    will get a radio command telling you to go to the rescue convoy which
    breaks through the wall and goes to the front of the buidling where your
    buddies are.

    (b) If you have blown up the mortars and nothing happens, you may have
    missed one of ths mission objectives. Although this shouldn't affect the
    final game outcome, each completed objective has an action trigger that
    sets further objectives. It may be that you have missed one and this is
    inhibiting the trigger for the final rescue squence. One of the objectives
    is the wipe out the mortar crew so if one of the bad guys is sill lurking
    around amongst the rubble, this may be stopping the final trigger.

    (c) It may be a bug from an older game version. Perhaps there is a patch
    that may help.

    This is a difficult mission when you first play it and it took me about 6
    attempts to get the pattern down right so I could get through without a
    save. I have to admit that I was so dumb that it was only after the 6th
    try I suddenly realised that you end up outside the front door of the
    building which you left when you started the mission - duh!

    My prefered loadout is the scoped M21 (for sniping the area around the
    square where the mortars are located), shotgun for close quarter work and
    the satchel charges. The default loadout is the CAR15/203 and a pistol
    which doesn't give enough distance advantage when taking out the multiple
    50 cal technicals that litter the final action area.

    When you get into the mortar square there are 6 technicals at various ket
    points, pick these off one at a time from the prone position using corners
    of buildings, cracks between wreckage or the lean-out keys 'W' or 'E'.
    Always use your binoculars 'B' to scout ahead and watch each scene through
    the binoculars for a good 15 seconds without moving - it's amazing how you
    can pick up slight movements from the enemy that betray their location,
    even when they're around a corner or hiding. Although I use natural light
    for most of this mission, I always flick between night vision and natural
    light to check for snipers in windows as the NVG give better contrast
    aganist a dark background.

    This is hardly a walkthrough, but I hope this helps in some way to wrap up
    the mission so you move on to the Mogadishu Mile, which, if you thought
    'Last Stand' was bad, will have you sweating in terror, waiting for the
    next sniper round with your name on it!

    Good luck.

Games Video Games