windows explorer keeps showing icons..?

Hi,

I try to set my windows file explorer to show "details", but often when I
open a folder, I either get thumbnails or icons. I have tried to use the
VIEW > APPLY TO ALL FOLDERS option, but it does not seem to hold out.

Is there any other setting I can change to make this happen?

thanks a lot for any advice.

Laurie

Laurie,

Run this edit, then reset your preferred folder options:

Increase Folder View Options Limit: (Line 2):

To use the Regedit: Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it and answer yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in Notepad by right clicking on the file and selecting Edit.

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

The Parasite Fight - Quick Fix Protocol:
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm