changing administrator in xp?

friend has given me her old computer...can i change the
administrator from her to me? and how? thanks

1) What version of XP - Home or Pro ?
2) Administrator is a built-in profile, no need to change.
3) Are you talking about creating a new user profile with
Administrative privileges ?
4) Are you talking about changing the Registered Owner ?

Please re-formulate your questions with additional details.

Good Luck !

Hi,

Yes, if you know the generic administrator password. Simply logon with it
and create a new account for yourself with administrator level priviledges,
then remove her old admin account. To logon as administrator in Pro, hit
ctrl+alt+delete twice at the logon screen. For Home, you must restart in
Safe mode.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/