Can't transfer settings from administrator account

May 30, 2004 5:37:02 AM

I have created a new administrator account and tried to
transfer settings from the old one useing Control Panel,
System, Advanced. I get a window showing the accounts but
when I click on the old account, the copy button is
disabled. What's my problem?
Anonymous
May 30, 2004 12:24:32 PM

On Sun, 30 May 2004 01:37:02 -0700, fritz wrote:

> I have created a new administrator account and tried to
> transfer settings from the old one useing Control Panel,
> System, Advanced. I get a window showing the accounts but
> when I click on the old account, the copy button is
> disabled. What's my problem?

When copying from one user account to another, you cannot be logged on to
either account. If necessary, create a "throwaway" administrator account.
Log on to it. Perform the transfer: System Properties> Advanced> User
Profiles> Settings

When you no longer need the throwaway account, you can delete it via
Control Panel> User Accounts.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User