Can't transfer settings from administrator account

I have created a new administrator account and tried to
transfer settings from the old one useing Control Panel,
System, Advanced. I get a window showing the accounts but
when I click on the old account, the copy button is
disabled. What's my problem?
1 answer Last reply
More about transfer settings administrator account

    On Sun, 30 May 2004 01:37:02 -0700, fritz wrote:

    > I have created a new administrator account and tried to
    > transfer settings from the old one useing Control Panel,
    > System, Advanced. I get a window showing the accounts but
    > when I click on the old account, the copy button is
    > disabled. What's my problem?

    When copying from one user account to another, you cannot be logged on to
    either account. If necessary, create a "throwaway" administrator account.
    Log on to it. Perform the transfer: System Properties> Advanced> User
    Profiles> Settings

    When you no longer need the throwaway account, you can delete it via
    Control Panel> User Accounts.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User