Alltel Much Better Deal than Verizon- 86% More Anytime Min..

Last response: in Network Providers
April 29, 2004 7:55:42 AM

I have been a Verizon customer (and am a shareholder) since the early
90s when it was Bell Atlantic Mobile, but just switched to Alltel for
an incredible deal you ought to consider if you are in an Alltel
market. With Verizon I had 900 minutes (which was a special long
since discontinued- now you only get 700) of anytime coverage for
North and South Carolina, plus national long distance and 5000 night
and weekend minutes, for $49.95. With Alltel for $49.95 I get 1,300
anytime minutes in all of NC and SC (or 44% more minutes than what I
had and 86% more than what Verizon now offers, 700 minutes), unlimited
night and weekend minutes, plus nationwide long distance and all of
the same other features, on an otherwise identical package
(voicemail,etc). Plus, I get the best of both worlds. In the Carolinas
Alltel has great coverage. But since Alltel is not national, when I am
out of an Alltel area I roam on Verizon's superior national network
(the two companies have a nationwide roaming agreement). That is an
incredible deal I just could not pass up and I would encourage any
Verizon customers located in Alltel markets to seriously consider it.
April 29, 2004 8:35:11 AM

Does Alltel offer Mobile Office?
Anonymous
April 29, 2004 8:47:59 PM

trimodeman@hotmail.com (TriModeMan) wrote in

> I have been a Verizon customer (and am a shareholder) since the early
> 90s when it was Bell Atlantic Mobile, but just switched to Alltel for
> an incredible deal you ought to consider if you are in an Alltel
> market. With Verizon I had 900 minutes (which was a special long
> since discontinued- now you only get 700) of anytime coverage for
> North and South Carolina, plus national long distance and 5000 night
> and weekend minutes, for $49.95. With Alltel for $49.95 I get 1,300
> anytime minutes in all of NC and SC (or 44% more minutes than what I
> had and 86% more than what Verizon now offers, 700 minutes), unlimited
> night and weekend minutes, plus nationwide long distance and all of
> the same other features, on an otherwise identical package
> (voicemail,etc). Plus, I get the best of both worlds. In the Carolinas
> Alltel has great coverage. But since Alltel is not national, when I am
> out of an Alltel area I roam on Verizon's superior national network
> (the two companies have a nationwide roaming agreement). That is an
> incredible deal I just could not pass up and I would encourage any
> Verizon customers located in Alltel markets to seriously consider it.

I live in Charleston, SC, and roam on Alltel's network in the dead zones
Verizon has, and have done it for many years. Of course, I'm an old AMPS
customer Verizon cannot deny Alltel roaming to in-market where the dead
zones are, unlike the PRL-strapped digital customers. In this market STD
A/B roams over to Alltel automatically when the VZW signal croaks in the
biggest WalMart. Works great! Alltel has great AMPS coverage out in the
boondocks on B-system along the coast.

That's a nice plan. I, too, have an old plan of 700 mins, unlimited n/w,
free LD, voicemail, etc. for $39/mo. with the old promo minutes from
signup. You just gotta catch any of the carriers in a moment of weakness
to get these promos...(c;

Geez, Alltel even has native 800 Mhz service in MYRTLE BEACH with the beach
bunnies!!....(c;

Larry
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 12:04:33 AM

"Gator" <gator2@webmail.co.za> wrote in message
> Does Alltel offer Mobile Office?

Same service, but costs extra. You also usually pay extra for voicemail
and text messaging.

--
Thomas M. Goethe
!